Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DHG01

by DHG01

Good question on the compatible cranks.
I am about to get a Record 12; I already swapped the brakes to reduce some weight (Speed Stop Pros) - but realizing Record cranks are actually heavier than Ultegras.

GS100

by GS100

DHG01 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:35 am
I am about to get a Record 12; I already swapped the brakes to reduce some weight (Speed Stop Pros) - but realizing Record cranks are actually heavier than Ultegras.
You need SR for that lol.. Then maybe that's what Campagnolo want you to think as 12s Campagnolo has gone a bit porky, new Record 12 is kind of downgraded, almost = old 11s Chorus :(

As for Ultegra, likely around the same weight once you factor in the bearings are included in Campa's crankset weights and the cups are lighter than the various shimano 'sleeve' type BB options. Would hope Record would be stiffer too!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

usr

by usr

Strike the "almost", make that a "definitely". When was the last time that you could buy a Chorus with aluminium brake levers?

And it's not a bad idea at all, limiting ultrashift to the almost-all carbon level never made much sense.

Shmitt

by Shmitt

I want to make the wheels on the duke sls2 clincher rims. It turns out that the outer rim width is 27.6 mm and the inner 21 mm.
My question for experienced users - will these rims be compatible with the new record direct mount rim brakes, or with the central mount?

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

bruno2000 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:18 pm
jdecraene85 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 1:21 pm
bruno2000 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:42 pm
Somebody has experience or tips with converting a Super Record 12v rear derailleur to a direct mount drop out?
If I follow the Campagnolo Manuel you need an axtra screw?
There is a little bit of talk about this on pages 257 and 258 of this thread, with a picture.
I purchased the Sigeyi DM rear derailleur hanger and the required Campagnolo screw kit (very hard to find, item code RD-SR105), only to find out only the mechanical version can be converted to direct mount and not the electronic version.
Well, I'm not 100% sure, but my SR EPS 12s rear derailleur is on the way too, so I'll find out soon if I still have any use for the DM derailleur hanger and that screw kit...
Thank you for th einfo.
I bought a Sigeyi hanger too for my Pina F12.
Would there be a way around the extra screw?
Sorry for the very late reply.
I don't believe there's a way around... Often there's no alternative for Campy parts at the home hardware store.
But since I cannot convert my SR EPS 12s rear derailleur to direct mount, I have a new, unused RD-SR105 screw set lying around... Contact me if you're interested.

moock

by moock

Quick question, I have not found an answer or pictures in the www.
Is The 12 Speed compatible with direct mount rear derailleur hanger? The Campagnolo install pdf shows how this is done but as I said: Not a single picture found on google.

mag

by mag

Yes, but you'll need to purchase the screw set RD-SR105 which includes the DM limit screw.

moock

by moock

mag wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:24 pm
Yes, but you'll need to purchase the screw set RD-SR105 which includes the DM limit screw.
thank you. I guess if the hanger works with shimano direct mount rd, it will also word with campagnolo?

bruno2000

by bruno2000

DHG01 wrote:
I've ridden Campagnolo 12v eps and mechanical with Rotor crank and dm chainrings. No problems at all.

usr

by usr

moock wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:49 pm
thank you. I guess if the hanger works with shimano direct mount rd, it will also word with campagnolo?
That's what the screw set is for: Campagnolo put the block against which the spring tension adjuster screw is set (the screw commonly referred to as B screw, even if it's numbered Q in current manuals) at a different angle in their link part that emulates a DM hanger than the block on common DM hangers. That adapter screw is able to deal with the "Shimano angle" block.

Note that only mechanical are direct mount capable, the EPS version cannot be converted.

arkasha1965

by arkasha1965

bruno2000 wrote:
DHG01 wrote:
I've ridden Campagnolo 12v eps and mechanical with Rotor crank and dm chainrings. No problems at all.
Sorry, what do you mean for DM chainrings?

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A6003 utilizzando Tapatalk

moock

by moock

usr wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:43 am
moock wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:49 pm
That's what the screw set is for: Campagnolo put the block against which the spring tension adjuster screw is set (the screw commonly referred to as B screw, even if it's numbered Q in current manuals) at a different angle in their link part that emulates a DM hanger than the block on common DM hangers. That adapter screw is able to deal with the "Shimano angle" block.

Note that only mechanical are direct mount capable, the EPS version cannot be converted.
OK. Thank you!Do you, or anyone else, have a link to a picture or a video? The Campag manual only shows hot to convert the RD with the new screw. But I havent found any installation to the DM hanger.

usr

by usr

Same as to a regular hanger. The biggest difference is that the tool goes into the bolt from the back.

DHG01

by DHG01

bruno2000 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:33 am
DHG01 wrote:
Thank you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bruno2000

by bruno2000

arkasha1965 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:44 am
bruno2000 wrote:
DHG01 wrote:
Sorry, what do you mean for DM chainrings?

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A6003 utilizzando Tapatalk
Rotor DM q rings are 2 chainrings 50-34 for example together made as one piece which are directly mountain on to the axle.
No more chainringbolts to mount the 2 chainrings onto a spider.