Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

markyboy

by markyboy

When do you think they will release eps 12?
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

c60rider

by c60rider

They said at the release of mechanical it will be announced later this year so I guess they'll be working hard to hit that and get groupsets out in time to get some early sales of people building up bikes for next season. Availability of mechanical to purchase seemed to be a month or two after it was announced so I would be surprised if it was this year maybe Jan/Feb if they're still on schedule with what they said 6 months ago.

markyboy

by markyboy

Will it be wireless?
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

markyboy wrote:Will it be wireless?
Unlikely. Read Graeme’s post a little ways up.

Wired is more reliable and allows a quicker shift. That’s why Shimano & Campagnolo have stuck with it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corky

by corky

ultimobici wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:01 pm

Wired is more reliable and allows a quicker shift. That’s why Shimano & Campagnolo have stuck with it so far.

Thought it was more to do with SRAMs patent on battery holders on front and rear mechs.......although C and S are unlikely to admit t to this......

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

corky wrote:
ultimobici wrote:

Thought it was more to do with SRAMs patent on battery holders on front and rear mechs.......although C and S are unlikely to admit t to this......
I doubt it. Anyway judging by the number of spare batteries we’ve sold it’s not something Shimano or Campagnolo need work about.

avispa

by avispa

ultimobici wrote:
corky wrote:
ultimobici wrote:

I doubt it. Anyway judging by the number of spare batteries we’ve sold it’s not something Shimano or Campagnolo need work about.
So you saying you've sold a lot of batteries or no batteries?

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Per Campagnolo support team, EPS is slated for release in March 2019.
Not bad for $6500 www.canyon.com/en-us/road/ultimate/ulti ... 0-team-mov

Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

g00se

by g00se

Another new patent has been published - this is for the EPS electronics. It specifically mentions wireless and keeping the system 'awake' while the bike is moving. It also mentions SRAM's patent for wake sensors in the gear levers and this leading to delays and so suggests keeping them active all the time the bike is moving - so it tallies with Graemes post about signal delays. Probably just covering bases with the mention of wireless but there's also some specifics about using RFID for power/signal transfer. So I guess this is groundwork for the new wired EPS but also preparing for when these long-life batteries are feasible.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20180290714.pdf

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Im gonna bet its coming wireless... didn't the 12 patent just kind of emerge a few months before announcement then all of a sudden there it was? I think we have a new Campagnolo emerging... Go Big or Go home...

liam7020

by liam7020

March release sounds more feasible. Given the prototype look of the photos published on GCN, claims of an November release always seemed ridiculous.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

scb

by scb

mpulsiv wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:49 am

By release do you mean the announcement date with deliveries several months thereafter?

Thanks.

markyboy

by markyboy

I have the cranks,cassette,brakes and chain just waiting for the release of the eps hopefully wireless.
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

RussellS

by RussellS

mpulsiv wrote:
$6500 ??? Obviously they MUST have left off a "1" in front of the 6500. With the Specialized Venge at $12,500, and the Trek Madone at $11,800, and the BMC Timemachine 01 at $13,000, and the Cannondale SystemSix at $11,000 (plus $500 extra to turn on the power crank), there must be some kind of mistake. I know this Canyon has evil exposed cables, so its not exactly like the aero bikes. But it looks pretty comparable to a Tarmac or Emonda. For $3-4 grand less.
Last edited by RussellS on Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

c60rider

by c60rider

RussellS wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:07 pm
mpulsiv wrote:
$6500 ??? Obviously they MUST have left off a "1" in front of the 6500. With the Specialized Venge at $12,500, and the Trek Madone at $11,800, and the BMC Timemachine 01 at $13,000, and the Cannondale SystemSix at $11,000, there must be some kind of mistake. I know this Canyon has evil exposed cables, so its not exactly like the aero bikes. But it looks pretty comparable to a Tarmac or Emonda. For $3-4 grand less.
Canyon have always offered incredible value the old saying of pile them high sell them cheap(ish) but certainly compared to any other big brand they've always been the best at offering most for your money. Up close the frames to me never look anything too special a bit industrial really but their quality control looks to be top notch so if I wanted the best bang for my buck it would go to Canyon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com