another p2m or quarq Q

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Boshk

by Boshk

P2M or Quarq users.....

anyone NOT using the standard Praxis rings on their P2M (NGeco or Type S)? can any chainring fit? fsa or rotor?
anyone NOT using SRAM rings on their Quarq Dzero pm?
if so, would you mind telling me which one fit?

Reason I ask is because there are so many conflicting info on these Praxis rings. Some state its the worst rings always dropping chains....some states its no different from shimano rings....huge difference in opinions.

I know the easiest option is to sell my Chorus groupset and go Shimano or full SRAM.....but I actually quite like campy shifters.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hogehoge

by hogehoge

If are using Campag groupset why not use the Campag P2M?

Boshk

by Boshk

I know that would be the easiest actually, straight swap but its kinda out of budget....Euro1400 (around US1800)
The Type S is Euro700 (US880)
Quarq is around Euro800 (US1000)

commendatore

by commendatore

Boshk wrote:P2M or Quarq users.....

anyone NOT using the standard Praxis rings on their P2M (NGeco or Type S)? can any chainring fit? fsa or rotor?
anyone NOT using SRAM rings on their Quarq Dzero pm?
if so, would you mind telling me which one fit?

Reason I ask is because there are so many conflicting info on these Praxis rings. Some state its the worst rings always dropping chains....some states its no different from shimano rings....huge difference in opinions.

I know the easiest option is to sell my Chorus groupset and go Shimano or full SRAM.....but I actually quite like campy shifters.
I’ve run sram and praxis rings and have been happiest with the latest sram offerings

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The Quarq battery receptacle gets in the way of some chainrings that do not have open spiders like Q-Rings and other aero rings. You can hack the rings to make them fit though.

moyboy

by moyboy

Had no issues with a Quarq Dzero carbon non hidden bolt BB30 on a 52/ 36 praxis setup. Had it on a mechanical 9100 groupset.

TheUrgeMan

by TheUrgeMan

I switched out my Dura Ace 9000 crank with a P2M NG Eco Rotor 3D24 4 bolt shimano. I use my DA9000 chainrings and is very happy with it.

bahn

by bahn

I have SRAM chainrings on two P2Max PMs. Both X-Glide 11sp rings, 53T/39T and 52T/36T, outer rings have the removable overshift pin that can be moved for non-hidden crank arms so setup is correct and the chainrings work as well as they do on a SRAM/Quarq crankset. Shifting is good. Tempted to try the SRAM Aero/TT chainring next time my 53T needs a change.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Praxis rings- I've been using them for years. They are superior to SRAM and FSA rings in shifting performance. I'd only compare them to Shimano DuraAce/Ultegra, which ARE the best rings for front shifting.

Can any ring fit? Probably. My PM came used with Rotor Q rings that were modified for my P2M classic battery cover. Those are mostly a flat disc of metal, so anything should work.
Last edited by jfranci3 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trimenc

by trimenc

I also have Praxis rings on Quarq PM and they shift great. I didn't think twice about replacing the stock SRAM rings immediately due to running Praxis on my THM cranks on my road bike and absolutely loving them.

Pokerface07

by Pokerface07

Using Rotor Q-Rings on my P2M with zero issues. The Praxis rings that came with it are still in the box....
Twitter: @FormerTTchamp https://twitter.com/FormerTTchamp

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com