Fizik Infinito R1 shoe-reviews?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

redfatboy96

by redfatboy96

Anyone used the new version of this shoe? Trying to decide amongst a couple and I think this is at the top of the list.

wingguy

by wingguy

It's really nice. The sole is extremely stiff as before, and the new lacing on the front of the shoe gives more effective volume control around the forefoot than the original one. The stock insole is maybe a little on the thin side compared to some aftermarket options, but that's easy enough to change out if you wanted.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hypercycler

by hypercycler

I just got a Moviestar version last week. Only had oneride with them so can't say much about their performace but they do look great. I got a half size down this time. I had a pair of R1B before, but felt the volume expanded overtime and they felt a bit loose even I cranked down the BOA. FYI I got the size 43 for the Fizik and I wear 43.5 for S Works 6 and 44.5 for SIDI.
Attachments
IMG_0528.jpg

wingguy

by wingguy

Good point they do seem to size up a bit big - a 42 Fizik is perfect for me, in Mavic Zxellium a 42.5 was just on the small side.

redfatboy96

by redfatboy96

Man, those are sweet. Honestly, I'm not very experienced when it comes to shoes, and I'm pretty twisted up about the correct sizing and fit. Trying them on and walking around a little bit is one thing...riding is another..

redfatboy96

by redfatboy96

Had a chance to get any more rides in those shoes?

Kazyole

by Kazyole

I just got a pair of the R1s. I've only taken them on one ~30 mile ride but they're very comfortable so far. Coming from Sidi Ergo 3s, so having the extra boa closure is a big difference. Feel like I can fine tune the fit a lot more than I used to be able to. They also feel a little bit more generous in the toebox, which is the main reason why I got them. The Sidis were great, but occasionally on longer (+70mile) rides I'd develop a hotspot on the inside of my big toe, presumably as my foot expanded.

Can't say too much about them otherwise since I have basically no miles on them, but at least so far it's looking good. Soles are plenty stiff, but I'm only 57kg anyway so I probably wouldn't notice if they weren't.

redfatboy96

by redfatboy96

Curious if either of you have encountered any issues with the location of the cleat holes. Currently I have Giro Factors and the cleat are all the way rearward. Not 100% sure if my method is accurate but I'm pretty sure the Fizik's hole are too far forward for my position.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com