2nd hand Quarq Sram Red powermeter?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Boshk

by Boshk

Thoughts?

Official retailer over here has one on sale. 3 months warranty.
Quarq SRAM Red powermeter with 50/34 sram rings. 170mm crank.

How weird would it look with my Chorus groupset and more importantly, is it compatible?

trimenc

by trimenc

I would have no problems buying a used Quarq, and in fact did. Who cares what it looks like except you, as long as you like it....ride it. The important part is that it does what it should do and does it well. They are great pm's and very reliable and durable. As far as compatibility, just make sure you have the right BB for the crankset you are buying. Is it a GXP or the BB30?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

c60rider

by c60rider

I bought one of these 5 years ago to use between 2 Campagnolo equipped bikes record and super record. At the time the only Campag option was srm which was a silly price and still is and p2max was too new in the market for me to spend that much. It was actually a sram red 10 that i used with the 11 speed Campag kit but aside from slight front mech changes not as slick as Campag it's been faultless. Carbon cranks with a small bit of red detailing goes well with Campagnolo so I'd recommend it.

glepore

by glepore

I went the same route on a budget build I did recently w/ used SR and a very cheap used Quarq Elsa (one of the mounting bolts had been overtorqued and broke the tab). Surprisingly, the pm has been fine and returns consistent offsets of around 50, funtions perfectly and tracks very well with my other Quarq. I did loctite it to the cranks (Force 11) using 609, but probably uncessary as it was fine in a trial before.
I'm running older Sram 50/34 rings on it, and the shifting has been flawless. Maybe not quite at SR level, but nice just the same.
I'm not a fan of the Sram graphics, on both of mine I've stripped them (a 30 minute job with some stripper and a razor blade-yes, folks warn against stripper on carbon, but I just use it to soften the clear, which is really thick, and neutralize it immediately). I recleared the raw carbon after wetsanding it a bit with VHT wheel clear, and they look great.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Boshk

by Boshk

trimenc wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:58 pm
I would have no problems buying a used Quarq, and in fact did. Who cares what it looks like except you, as long as you like it....ride it. The important part is that it does what it should do and does it well. They are great pm's and very reliable and durable. As far as compatibility, just make sure you have the right BB for the crankset you are buying. Is it a GXP or the BB30?
its a GXP, so I would need to get a new bb. Currently have campy's ultra torque cups in my BB86