My PF30A BB makes the whole thing a bit tricky. With kogel or cbear conversion PF30A BB it's pretty easy to install a shimano cranksets, but I have no experience with Quarq BB30/GXP and SRM Origin models. Should I buy the BB30 versions? Are there any good BBs out there to install these? Do I need spacers to fine-tune the chainline? So many questions.
I think my options are the following:
- Quarq DFour91 BB30 + any PF30A BB (??) - One of the oldest brands. I'm not sure which BB it's compatible with and how complicated to install it. I don't know how heavy it is... proper temperature compensation is an advertised feature
- SRM Origin BB30 + any PF30A BB (??) - Most reputable brand on the list. I'm not sure which BB and version I need for PF30A.. Very light and accurate, but it costs twice as much as any other options and I have no info about temperature compensation
- Pioneer SGY-PM91 crankset + Kogel Conversion BB - current setup. only issue is that other options might be lighter, only 2% accuracy, no automatic temperature compensation
- Shimano FC-R9100-P + Kogel Conversion BB - Super new system, limited information on reliability and accuracy, not a fan of chargeable batteries given after a few years they tend to die.. only 2% accuracy, no info on temperature compensation
- 4iiii Podiiiium Dual Sided R9100 + Kogel Conversion BB - Only 60 hours with one charge, fairly new system. Any first hand experiences are welcomed. No info on temperature compensation features
- Stages Gen 3 Dual Sided R9100 + Kogel Conversion BB - Earlier versions had bad reputation for dealing with rain. Stories about being not reliable keep popping up. Proper temperature compensation is an advertised feature
- SRM Dura Ace 9000 - Old model, but reliable, cheaper than the new SRM and used as a gold standard.