Lightweight aliexpress or ebay parts

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mekineer

by mekineer

Was wondering what parts you guys recommend, or do not recommend, from aliexpress or ebay, that are super light. For example, this is a KCNC knockoff:
135 gram carbon seatpost:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Road-Mt ... 92827.html

I also bought a Specialized Toupe saddle clone, that I don't recommend, because the carbon was stiff as a rock (unlike the authentic Toupe). I may try again, because one seller is saying their saddle has flex.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I'm not sure how that is considered a knockoff? That concept of saddle mount is not exclusive to KCNC.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

mekineer

by mekineer

prendrefeu wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:54 am
I'm not sure how that is considered a knockoff? That concept of saddle mount is not exclusive to KCNC.
Ok, then, it's not a knockoff. Any parts on aliexpress you know of, similar to parts like KCNC makes? Or just lightweight in general?

Lewn777

by Lewn777

I live in China, and I have had very good experiences with a brand called GUB. They make nice CNC machined stuff and have recently moved into carbon fibre. Their offerings on Aliexpress are not as extensive as what is available to stockists in China though.
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ca ... chText=GUB

I think with China the trick is not to hate everything if you've had a bad product or unreservedly love everything because you bought something good. Just simply treat every manufacturer as an individual player accordingly.

Orbital

by Orbital

My rule of thumb for Ali is hope for the best, expect the worst. The last stuff I ordered never even came. The only things I’ve had luck with were Rockbros pedals for my mountain bike, I bought 2 sets. And the Lightweight knockoff bottle cages are actually amazing.

mekineer

by mekineer

Lewn777 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:17 am
I live in China, and I have had very good experiences with a brand called GUB. They make nice CNC machined stuff and have recently moved into carbon fibre. Their offerings on Aliexpress are not as extensive as what is available to stockists in China though.
Gub was the brand of saddle I got that was the Specialized Toupe clone. It was nice, aside from not having any flex. Care to show-and-tell the items you got that you like?

Lewn777

by Lewn777

I got GUB saddle recently, has some flex, did a 200km ride on it and it was fine. https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a2 ... t=1#detail mines the 1152 model.

I've got a cellphone bar mount, but it's heavy. Carbon fibre stem rings. Bolt for Shimano SLX/XT crank.

PLus loads of other things for my MTB, which I've forgotten or aren't available any more.

glepore

by glepore

That post is widely used, branded as hylix on ebay.
Parts I've used and like-"costelo" branded ti spindle pedals (time knockoffs, minor differences side by side, including bearing caps that both thread the same way where the real Times have one that is ccw and one cw), "bontrager" 260 gram integrated bar/stem (on two bikes now), "tune" style skewers (avoid the ones that don't have the carbon lever, they bend easily)

Parts I'd avoid-saddles are hit and miss, inexpensive ceramic bearings are garbage, and aftermarket derailleur pulleys, while pretty, can explode under load-only cost me a hanger but it could have easily been a wheel or seatstay.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

stockae92

by stockae92

Go for branded item with good reputation.

For unknown factory and cheapest price, its a gamble.

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Hi all, looking for some input from the collective wisdom.

Has anyone ever found a Superleggera like saddle on Ali thats wide? There's heaps of the narrow 130mm ones (as per the attached pic), and I even bought one. Great saddle for the price but I think just a little too narrow.

I'm looking for a 140ishmm one, if they make them....

Kurt

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 18-25-36 30 89AU $ 36% OFF lightweight bicycle carbon saddle men women road bike seat cycling full[...].png

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

discolite

by discolite

The Hylix brand available on eBay is really good. Cheap and light and, as far as I've found in my experience using their stem and seatpost, durable.
MERLIN • Newsboy #11 • Elevator soft-tail • Cyrene 650C • Fat Beat • XLM Lefty • Extralite • Sandstone
ROAD • Litespeed Ghisallo • Cervelo RCA • Passoni Animus Ti
ETC • Spectrum Super Ti SS • Black Sheep FS • Budnitz Steel Belt Drive • Tyrell Ti