Fast but fairly hard wearing tubs without the tan inner tube?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Shrike

by Shrike

Really dislike that thin line that breaks up the blacked-out coolness of a wheel/tyre. Have Corsa G+ fitted at the moment, which admittedly feel great and fast and seem to be holding up well on British roads. Kudos to them.

Just that bloody tan line :lol:

Is there anything on the market up to the job? Had a look at the rolling resistance site but he hasn't tested many tubulars.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Continentals have a black base tape, so you won't get that thin line. GP4000s work well for me. They are fairly durable.

If you want a more affordable and durable option, the Sprinters aren't bad. They're not the fastest tire though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Am I missing something? Veloflex Arrenbergs at 25mm., or Veloflex Carbons at 23mm. So common, so black.
edit... ok... I figured out what I'm "missing"... you must be talking clinchers only. Ha, no... the title says 'tubs". I find the Veloflex to be farily good wearing, at least so good that I never look at a road and say... "oh my , I can't ride these tires over that".
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Shrike

by Shrike

4000sII - considering it, these are my goto tyres for clinchers. Though they get ripped on here for having crap ride quality :D They do well in the wet, feel secure cornering in them, but these tubs I'm looking for right now will probably not see any wet weather action so.. that opens me up to other compounds that may even be pants in the wet, but stellar in the dry.

Veloflex - sound like some Schwalbe Pro One level dirgefest. 16w + rolling resistance. Christ could be even worse :P Would need some convincing, especially about the Arenbergs.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Not trying to convince you of anything. They’re black. They’re nice. And I haven’t noticed any abhorrent “rolling resistance”. Nicest tires I ride.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Calnago wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:58 pm
Not trying to convince you of anything. They’re black. They’re nice. And I haven’t noticed any abhorrent “rolling resistance”. Nicest tires I ride.
I also use Arenburgs... and have not noticed an slowness. Current tubs are corsa CX.. cant wait till wear them out to put arenburgs back on.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Shrike

by Shrike

Fair enough, will pencil them in :P

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com