Campy EPS pre owned?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wilwil

by wilwil

Is there anything to look out for when buying pre owned EPS V3 R and SR? I notice on two RDs Ive seen that the clearcoat has chipped at the top. Can the batteries be misused in anyway diminishing their life? I know the wires into the mechs are hard wired so any damage to them could be serious.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

viewtopic.php?t=147180

Similar question.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

nismosr

by nismosr

I have a brand new V3 battery for sale if you are looking ..
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

audiojan

by audiojan

The entire EPS systems is pretty robust and you won't see too many issues in general (i.e. hardly ever a problem with them...). V1 batteries had some issues (the early release), but V2 & V3 are really stable. You can't really abuse the battery to the point where it's reducing the life expectancy.

Rear derailleur should be able to move freely, that's about the only thing to look for... pulleys can easily be replaced, so no worries there. For the front derailleur, look at the inside of the cage for significant wear. Some greasy black is common, but just take a paper towel to it and wipe it clean, shouldn't be any significant wear marks.

For the shifters, as long as they move freely, there's no issues. EPS cables should be clean without fraying or significant bends (radius bend is ok, sharp bend, not good).
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

avispa

by avispa

wilwil wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:22 am
Is there anything to look out for when buying pre owned EPS V3 R and SR? I notice on two RDs Ive seen that the clearcoat has chipped at the top. Can the batteries be misused in anyway diminishing their life? I know the wires into the mechs are hard wired so any damage to them could be serious.
Definitelly! There are many mechanics that do not follow procedure to the T when isntalling internal batteries or other components. For one, look at the deraileurs cable ends and the area where the cables are attached to the power unit. I have seen many bent or chewed up cables in derailleurs and shifters.
Also, look for rust or mold in the bolts of the derailleurs and power unit.