Power2Max NG Eco or Stages LR?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tomrestre

by Tomrestre

After owning two faulty stages power meters I would always avoid buying stages. I’m moving to power2max NG Eco and throwing my 1 year and 3 months old out-of-warranty stages to the trash.

I’m keeping my other faulty stages which drains the battery in a weekend.

commendatore

by commendatore

tomee wrote:is the P2M a true LR meter?
Worth saying that the answer is no, but it is a true TOTAL power meter. Very different than a one sided unit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

northwestern

by northwestern

I can vouch for power2max. I've had mine for almost 2 years and it has been faultless.

Rick

by Rick

Tomrestre wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:00 pm
After owning two faulty stages power meters I would always avoid buying stages. I’m moving to power2max NG Eco and throwing my 1 year and 3 months old out-of-warranty stages to the trash.
If you have been in touch with Stages Support, trying to solve the problems, throughout this time, they would probably give you a refund. They did for me, but admittedly I was within the warranty period.

2lo8

by 2lo8

Rick wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:51 pm
Tomrestre wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:00 pm
If you have been in touch with Stages Support, trying to solve the problems, throughout this time, they would probably give you a refund. They did for me, but admittedly I was within the warranty period.
Warranty is probably the reason why. Stages said that the plastic bits of the gen 1 power meter weren't badly designed because it survived 3 years, even though their gen 2 design was made specifically to deal with design issues on the plastic bits of the gen 1. Absurd really, there's no reason for them to even say that.

Apparently Stages is one of those companies that thinks the product lifespan of their power meter is their warranty length. Don't expect your stages to last more than 3 years, because that's what Stages thinks is a good lifespan for a power meter.

I have 3 stages power meters now, but honestly, bicycle company customer service represenatives always seem quite silly and say stupid things because standards in truth in advertising and product design are quite low in cycling. I've found this to be true for both top shelf products and bottom rung ones.
[14lb(6.35kg) of no carbon fiber]
[2lo8.wordpress.com]
Your one-stop source for information and reviews on cheap eBay bike junk.