Lightweight seatpost clamp options

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tokyodrift69

by tokyodrift69

Hi, I realize that there are other threads about this topic in general, but has anyone tested this one? Found on ebay, and it's listed at 6 grams for the 31.8/27.2mm version, so seems like it would be a great weight weenie budget part. Thanks.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/JRC-Kumo-Light ... 0675.m4236
Trek Emonda ALR (Etap, Ksyrium SLs, Zipp Service Course SL Finishing Kit)
Cervelo P2 (Sram Red 22, Force P2M, H3 Front, Zipp 900 Rear, Parts bin Cockpit)
Focus Mares Disc 2016 (Force 1x, Zipp 303)
Trek Top Fuel 8

bilwit

by bilwit

JRC is a good WW-oriented company. I currently use their seatpost and pulley wheels. Supposedly they have rims and stems in the works, the latter I'll be keeping a close eye on because it looks to surpass the Kalloy Uno in weight while still offering an aggressive angle (-17) and affordability

https://www.jrc-components.com/

Mount Zoom also makes a light seatpost clamp which is the same claimed weight which I've been using for the last year or so

http://mtzoom.com/clamps/mt-zoom-ultral ... amps-5-5g/
Last edited by bilwit on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stockae92

by stockae92

I looked into inexpensive eBay seatpost clamp and ended up buying a Woodman. I think it weights 13-14g I forgot, but it seems to have pretty good feedback, no need to worry about snapping clamp and so far seatpost doesn't slip when torqued to spec (which I think its 3 or 4 Nm)

jrccomponents
in the industry

by jrccomponents

tokyodrift69 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:55 pm
Hi, I realize that there are other threads about this topic in general, but has anyone tested this one? Found on ebay, and it's listed at 6 grams for the 31.8/27.2mm version, so seems like it would be a great weight weenie budget part. Thanks.
Hi guys,

I'm not here to plug our seatpost clamp ( thanks as always for your faith in our products though) but if you do have any questions about it just fire away and I can respond to them here.

We also make a 'plus' version of the clamp which is a few grams heavier but also a bit more robust for the heavier riders or harsh off road riding.. Horses for courses!

themidge

by themidge

Aerozine clamps are pretty light at 8 or 9 grams, you can find them on ebay at a pretty decent price (new). I haven't got one personally (although I will do once I get round to it) but it's aluminium which makes me fell a little better about its weight than if it was some carbon + thin air double banded thingy :D . The bolt it comes with could probably be upgraded as well to save a gram.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Let's be frank here: many of these 'brands' are interchangable as they each source their products from supplier catalogues.
Take a look at Mr.Control's 2018 catalogue, for example:

http://www.mrcontrol-bike.com/en/downlo ... T-view.pdf

There are other resources as well, but Mr.Control is one of the largest and most prominent suppliers.

TLDR: none of these brands are offering anything particularly special above others. If the price is right, you like their logo and colors, they have it in stock, get it. Not much of a different otherwise.

Just do your research and let's stop getting duped. This is WeightWeenies, raise your knowledge. You aren't a sheep.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I think this clamp comes from a Taiwan company and is found under many brands. Another brand is Mt.Zoom and maybe NewUltimate

/a

Rudi

by Rudi

I snapped the Mt Zoom branded one. Might have been my fault though. I decided at that point I'd take the slightly heavier option on not worry as much about it snapping.

I had seatpost slipping issues so most likely over-torqued it.
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

I have the mount zoom version on my scott spark xc bike with no issues. Cheap and light.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com