Bianchi Oltre Xr4 frame size

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
didin

by didin

Hi there,

I'm planning an Oltre XR4 build and not sure which frame size to choose.
I'm 174cm with 81cm inseam and at the moment riding a 2014 Scott Foil in size S (52) with actually 105mm drop from saddle to bar.
Since I generally like smaller frames with a good ammount of drop and seat post extension I'm unsure whether taking a size 50 or 53.
Reach ist more or less the same but drop differs by nearly 3cm. With 120mm Vision metron bars (-6 degrees) i would be 10 to 15mm lower than my actual position on the foil with the -8degree Deda stem...
Anyone here with the same measures that rides a Bianchi in either 50 or 53 and can give me some input / pictures?

Thanks a lot,

Didi

by Weenie

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

didin wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:00 pm
Hi there,

I'm planning an Oltre XR4 build and not sure which frame size to choose.
I'm 174cm with 81cm inseam and at the moment riding a 2014 Scott Foil in size S (52) with actually 105mm drop from saddle to bar.
Since I generally like smaller frames with a good ammount of drop and seat post extension I'm unsure whether taking a size 50 or 53.
Reach ist more or less the same but drop differs by nearly 3cm. With 120mm Vision metron bars (-6 degrees) i would be 10 to 15mm lower than my actual position on the foil with the -8degree Deda stem...
Anyone here with the same measures that rides a Bianchi in either 50 or 53 and can give me some input / pictures?

Thanks a lot,

Didi
I'm roughly your height and ride a 50cm XR4 with Vision Metron 5D integrated bar with 100mm stem. The bike fits me like a glove.
My TCR is a Small, and Allez 52cm.
2018 Bianchi Oltre XR4, (Celeste Matt)
2018 De Rosa SK Pininfarina (Blu)
2019 Trek Madone SLR (Rage Red)
2019 Giant TCR Advanced SL (Chameleon Blue)
2016 Specialized Allez DSW Sprint (Gold)

didin

by didin

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. What size are you exacly and what saddle height do you ride? How much drop do you have from saddle to bars?
100mm stem seems quite short to me? In comparison to my foil I would need a 120mm stem, but I'm not familiar with the 5d's special form and geometry ...
Do you have a pic from the side of your Bike?
Thanks a Lot,

Didi

silvalis

by silvalis

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:33 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. What size are you exacly and what saddle height do you ride? How much drop do you have from saddle to bars?
100mm stem seems quite short to me? In comparison to my foil I would need a 120mm stem, but I'm not familiar with the 5d's special form and geometry ...
Thanks a Lot,

Didi
the 50cm frame comes with a 100mm stem/400mm metron 5d bar standard. the 53 comes with a 110mm/420mm bar. FWIW a 53 xr4 is about the same reac/stack as a S foil. A 50 XR4 has similar reach but almost 30mm lower.
Chasse patate

didin

by didin

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:33 pm
Hi,

Thanks a Lot,

Didi

Hi Noctiluxx,

could you please give me some further infos?

Thanx a lot,

Didi