garmin mount

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Timmy269

by Timmy269

I have a S works Tarmac with a S-Works SL Stem and S-works Aerofly bar.
On the handlebar I have mounted a K-edge garmin mount (Garmin edge 1000).
I want a cleaner look and I'm searching for a garmin mount that fits my Garmin edge 1000 and that can be mounted with the bolts of the stem.
Wich can I buy that fits the S-Works SL stem and i can buy in europe, I live in Belgium.

corky

by corky

Never worry about where you live, ordering stuff from around the world is reasonably low risk. Eg. Fetha make the sort of thing you’re looking for and they ship worldwide from Australia pretty quickly too. Google will show you everything you want to know,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

izza

by izza

+1 for Fetha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cueoner

by cueoner

Timmy269 wrote:I have a S works Tarmac with a S-Works SL Stem and S-works Aerofly bar.
On the handlebar I have mounted a K-edge garmin mount (Garmin edge 1000).
I want a cleaner look and I'm searching for a garmin mount that fits my Garmin edge 1000 and that can be mounted with the bolts of the stem.
Wich can I buy that fits the S-Works SL stem and i can buy in europe, I live in Belgium.
@Timmy269 i received your PM regarding my mount on my SW Tarmac with aerofly bars. I’m sorry for some reason couldn’t reply via PM. I am using an F3 mount: https://www.f3cycling.com/formmount-and-accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sun

by sun

I have a similar setup. SL stem and aerofly. I have the first gen Fetha and it’s a bit cleaner, but you can see the horizontal bolt. The second gen is probably better.

Timmy269

by Timmy269

thanks, on the site of Fetha it looks like they only make mount for 3T, Zipp en Ritchey stems. Are those the same dimensions as the Sworks SL stem?
That one of F3 looks cleaner, but is that long enough for gamrin edge 1000?

Greenduck

by Greenduck

I'm looking for a similar solution for my Zipp Service Course SL stem. Using the low-profile Garmin Out-Front mount the computer sits a few milimeters off center. That drives me crazy and I also want the cleaner look.

I'm thinking about ordering one from http://edge-mount.bike/?post_type=product. The XL-versions fit Egde 1000-series.

I can't figure out where they're located but prices are in Euro so I'm guessing somewhere in Europe.

EDIT: I just ordered one and they're located in Denmark where I also live, yay me... Quick delivery...
Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=139324

cueoner

by cueoner

Timmy269 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:01 am
That one of F3 looks cleaner, but is that long enough for gamrin edge 1000?
I have a Garmin 520, but it does come with longer bolts and spacers for bigger computers. So I would think the Garmin 1000 would fit. May be worth sending an email to F3 to ask.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Trialling am F3 Mount at the moment. It well engineered if not a bit exxy. I believe it comes with the long arms which will fit the 1030, but need to double check.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Im using the BarFly prime.. seems really sturdy.. 53g. slightly more with go pro attachment on.. so not WW
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

slake21

by slake21

Timmy269 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:06 am
I'm searching for a garmin mount that fits my Garmin edge 1000 and that can be mounted with the bolts of the stem.
there was no need for a new thread, you can just read the one the already has many posts about garmin mounts
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=114907&start=420

rlanger

by rlanger

MichaelB wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:21 am
Trialling am F3 Mount at the moment. It well engineered if not a bit exxy. I believe it comes with the long arms which will fit the 1030, but need to double check.
I was a kickstarter backer and have had this mount for about a year now, and I really love it.

I have a Garmin Edge 1000, so yes, it does come with arms that allow it to fit the larger computers.

I also have the Go Pro style mount attachment for it, which allows me to mount my Bontrager Ion 800 light underneath the Garmin for a really nice clean look.

The mount also comes with replaceable inserts that let you use Wahoo computers too, so if you ever decide to change, you can still use your mount.

Highly recommend it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com