2018 BMC SLR01 DISC. I wonder about performance.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vertex19

by vertex19

I want to buy BMC SLR01 DISC.

But I have a question before I buy.

How about it's performance?

I wonder if it belongs to the top tier of the similar frames.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Conza

by Conza

vertex19 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:35 am
I want to buy BMC SLR01 DISC.

But I have a question before I buy.

How about it's performance?

I wonder if it belongs to the top tier of the similar frames.
An easy yes from me. Only comparing to Merida Scultura 7000-E, and Giant Advanced TCR.
It's all about the adventure :o .

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

When I test road it last September, the first thing I noticed was its rear compliance. The second thing I noticed after some decent saddle time was how stable the ride is. While my Emonda handles up front as if it’s caffeinated, the Teammachine is more predictable, but less agile.

The only thing I really didn’t like was the paint. There was a clear lip between the matte black and the glossier red on my demo bike.

ODC

by ODC

Why would the BMC SLR01 disc be not a good bike in case of performance? In that price range there aren't any bad bikes anymore. And if Greg Van Avermaet likes it, then it is for sure a good bike.
There I also have the slr01 disc I can compare it with my old Pinarello F8 and can say the next things:
- head tube is stiffer on the slr01
- bottom bracket is stiffer on de slr01
- The seat tube is stiffer on the F8 but more comfortable on the slr01
- Where the F8 is a Italian racer, the SLR01 is more predictable and more easy to use in decents

Are it huge differences? No. I you like the looks of it and the geometry is good for you then buy it.

vertex19

by vertex19

I'm using Trek madone9..
So I'm waiting madone9 disc version.. :(
Last edited by vertex19 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vertex19

by vertex19

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:40 am
When I test road it last September, the first thing I noticed was its rear compliance. The second thing I noticed after some decent saddle time was how stable the ride is. While my Emonda handles up front as if it’s caffeinated, the Teammachine is more predictable, but less agile.

The only thing I really didn’t like was the paint. There was a clear lip between the matte black and the glossier red on my demo bike.
Yes.. The painting.. partly matt... :( I don't like it.
I wanna full gloss clear...!! :D

vertex19

by vertex19

ODC wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:54 am
Why would the BMC SLR01 disc be not a good bike in case of performance? In that price range there aren't any bad bikes anymore. And if Greg Van Avermaet likes it, then it is for sure a good bike.
There I also have the slr01 disc I can compare it with my old Pinarello F8 and can say the next things:
- Where the F8 is a Italian racer, the SLR01 is more predictable and more easy to use in decents

Are it huge differences? No. I you like the looks of it and the geometry is good for you then buy it.

You're saying most bikes don't have a big difference.. right? The truth is, I'd like to have a gloss coated frame.. :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ODC

by ODC

vertex19 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:17 pm
ODC wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:54 am

You're saying most bikes don't have a big difference.. right? The truth is, I'd like to have a gloss coated frame.. :D
With this price tag I don't believe that there will be big differences between frames. Ofcourse don't compare this frame with a truly aero bike like the S-works Venge. Then you will for sure feel the difference that the venge is more stiffer but a less comfortable bike.

The 2017/2018 models are all Math colors with some gloss parts. Those gloss parts are stickers.
On the red frameset it is less visible in comparison with my black frameset