SW-R9150 Di2 shifters

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LAN

by LAN

Hi

Have anyone tried the SW-R9150 di2 satellite shifters? Is it possible to use them by themselves?

I know Shimano say you should use them together with the ST-R9150/70 but have anyone tried to just mount them to the junction box directly?

The SW-R610 is just "dumb" switches but the SW-R9150 looks to have a circuit board similar to the SW-R600, and that one works alone.

Thanks in advance

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

I’m curious about this because the Cervelo P5 DI2 spec we have on the way shows the SW-R9150 used as basebar shifters so must be plugged into the junction box, but the Shimano Dealer manual doesn’t mention it as a possible wiring scheme. Haven’t tried it yet but I’m assuming it works.

ms6073

by ms6073

I am using these as 'sprint' shifters on my Di2 disc road bike, but when I was installing them, I first updated the firmware tested them as stand-along shifters by plugging them into the EW-90 Junciton A with no issues. My understanding is that like the R9160 Di2 TT Bar End Shifters, the SW-R9150 di2 shifters can be used as a stand-alone set of shifters plugged into a EW-90 Junction A, RS-910 bar plug junction, or connected via a spare port of another shifter such as the R9150/R9170 road shifters.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

ooo

by ooo

Shimano compatibility chart shows that SW-R9150 can be used as standalone shifter (unlike SW-R610 it is not dependent on STI):

http://productinfo.shimano.com/#/com/3. ... &cid=C-472
'

LAN

by LAN

Thanks that is good news!

I thought so, but wanted to confirm it since some sellers have it in their description than it should not be used alone.

kroem

by kroem

Really a bump here - but anyone opened up a SW-9150 blip and know if the buttom can be replaced (and Y-cabled... for climb+sprint) ?
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com