SW-R9150 Di2 shifters

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LAN

by LAN

Hi

Have anyone tried the SW-R9150 di2 satellite shifters? Is it possible to use them by themselves?

I know Shimano say you should use them together with the ST-R9150/70 but have anyone tried to just mount them to the junction box directly?

The SW-R610 is just "dumb" switches but the SW-R9150 looks to have a circuit board similar to the SW-R600, and that one works alone.

Thanks in advance

wingguy

by wingguy

I’m curious about this because the Cervelo P5 DI2 spec we have on the way shows the SW-R9150 used as basebar shifters so must be plugged into the junction box, but the Shimano Dealer manual doesn’t mention it as a possible wiring scheme. Haven’t tried it yet but I’m assuming it works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

I am using these as 'sprint' shifters on my Di2 disc road bike, but when I was installing them, I first updated the firmware tested them as stand-along shifters by plugging them into the EW-90 Junciton A with no issues. My understanding is that like the R9160 Di2 TT Bar End Shifters, the SW-R9150 di2 shifters can be used as a stand-alone set of shifters plugged into a EW-90 Junction A, RS-910 bar plug junction, or connected via a spare port of another shifter such as the R9150/R9170 road shifters.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

ooo

by ooo

Shimano compatibility chart shows that SW-R9150 can be used as standalone shifter (unlike SW-R610 it is not dependent on STI):

http://productinfo.shimano.com/#/com/3. ... &cid=C-472
'

LAN

by LAN

Thanks that is good news!

I thought so, but wanted to confirm it since some sellers have it in their description than it should not be used alone.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kroem

by kroem

Really a bump here - but anyone opened up a SW-9150 blip and know if the buttom can be replaced (and Y-cabled... for climb+sprint) ?
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)