wheels for dogma f10 disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alcatraz

by alcatraz

No need to pressure the guy. He has the options already. Give him some time and room to weigh pros/cons.

/a

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bordcla

by Bordcla

It's the internet. If you can take a horse to the fountain and can't force it to drink in real life, it's even more true here!

raiden

by raiden

sugarkane wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:14 am
then why bother coming here to ask advice from people like my self who build wheels for a living? you have all the answers already.....
first of all thank you for your advice i dont have all the answers and idont think anyone does but if you refer to begining of the tread you will see i aksed about couple of diffrent wheels from diffrent manufacturers if anyone had any expreince with them how they ride durbaliy and sitfness and i explened my sitiion so people can better understnad give advice which of the mentioed wheels would work for me there was not mention of any custom or hand built wheel or alloy wheel looks is important for me and i perfer the looks of deep sectin carbon wheels even it comes with price of them being less durable

raiden

by raiden

Nefarious86 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:35 am
Comparing heavily built double wall alloy wheels with heavy gauge spokes to light carbon rims and light carbon spokes....

People are offering advice to try and give you a more durable long term/enjoyable experience...

I'm a bigger unit myself (188cm and 120+kg at one point) and given the choice between flexy wheels that will pop spokes over time vs the drag created by 12 more spokes on external brass nipples in relation to my total CDA on the bike which would be 0.01%, it's a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
im not compareing heavily built double wall alloy wheels with heavy gauge spokes to light carbon rims and light carbon spokes im sure the alloy would perform better more durable easy to work with as i have the exprience if you take some time to read the begining of the tread also there i mentioed diffrent wheels form diffrent brand and i asked if anyone had expreice with them this is not tread to debate alloy vs carbon or less spole vs more spoke
i appreciate peoples advice and opinion but i not obliagated to abide them.
aerodynamics might not be important for you but i would like to any freespeed i can get so im willing to trade some durability

raiden

by raiden

alcatraz wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:11 pm
No need to pressure the guy. He has the options already. Give him some time and room to weigh pros/cons.

/a
:thumbup:

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Ive read the post, I've worked on plenty of broken bikes because advice was ignored and seen the resultant skin loss when things fail. You were saying your anyroad was fine with 28 spokes.. How is that not comparing the durability?

And again your CDA will mean that 12 spokes are irrelevant in terms of aero yet will give you a stiffer more enjoyable wheel. Factory built wheels will eventually break spokes regardless of "no weight limit" if you want to take that gamble and possibility of loosing skin then go right ahead.

Using Tapatalk

raiden

by raiden

Bordcla wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:31 pm
It's the internet. If you can take a horse to the fountain and can't force it to drink in real life, it's even more true here!
i dont think you have readen the begginig of the this discussion there i mentioned i have pair of a alloy high spoke wheel and i know there are durable and stiff but i want a aero wheel if i wanted to ask about alloy wheels or custom alloy wheels i would of asked about them

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

raiden wrote:
Bordcla wrote:
i dont think you have readen the begginig of the this discussion there i mentioned i have pair of a alloy high spoke wheel and i know there are durable and stiff but i want a aero wheel if i wanted to ask about alloy wheels or custom alloy wheels i would of asked about them
We're not telling you to buy custom alloy, there have been several experienced builders here tell you to look into having custom carbon aero wheels with a higher spoke count on reliable hubs with good geometry to build a wheel that is aero, stiff, durable, easy to maintain and have plentiful spares should you damage anything.

You're just choosing to ignore this advice...

Using Tapatalk

raiden

by raiden

Nefarious86 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:01 am
You were saying your anyroad was fine with 28 spokes.. How is that not comparing the durability?

And again your CDA will mean that 12 spokes are irrelevant in terms of aero. Factory built wheels will eventually break spokes regardless of "no weight limit" if you want to take that gamble and possibility of loosing skin then go right ahead.

my intented for mentionting anyroad was that i know alloy wheels are good and durable but that is not im looking for this bike
i dont have issue with spoke count just as happens all the aero disc wheels i mentioned have 24 spoke other than lightweight wheels and i dont have the option of building costum aero wheel with hight spoke count trust me i would take it of i could that is the best option
yes sure all of them will brake and you will brake if you get hit by car even if you have 100 spoke on your wheel my point being we are taking a risk by riding our bike outside on the road dosing crazy fast descents i would like to get as safe as i could but with the two pair of 24 spoke cheap wheels that i have so far i have not had any majur issue or broke spoke

raiden

by raiden

Nefarious86 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:15 am
raiden wrote:
Bordcla wrote:
We're not telling you to buy custom alloy, there have been several experienced builders here tell you to look into having custom carbon aero wheels with a higher spoke count on reliable hubs with good geometry to build a wheel that is aero, stiff, durable, easy to maintain and have plentiful spares should you damage anything.

You're just choosing to ignore this advice...

yes that would be very nice and i agree with them and seems like the logical thing to do but i dont have that option

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

So you can source an F10 but no-one can make you a set of custom wheels?

Using Tapatalk

raiden

by raiden

Nefarious86 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:21 am
So you can source an F10 but no-one can make you a set of custom wheels?

yes that is the case only wheels with high spoke count i can get are alloy

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

So you're telling me not even these guys can help you?

http://www.wheelbuilder.com

Or a pair of these in 32 hole built into a set of King/White/Hope hubs with bladed spokes?

https://www.curvecycling.com.au/product ... carbon-rim

http://www.flocycling.com/wheels_flo_60_cc_rim.php

Using Tapatalk

tonytourist

by tonytourist

@Nefarious86 - I posted Wheelbuilder as a suggestion and the OP replied after my post saying he couldn't find custom wheels...
tonytourist wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:09 pm
http://www.wheelbuilder.com/zipp-404-fi ... p-x58.html
You might want to contact Wheelbuilder, they used to be able to get Zipps custom drilled.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

What is confirmation bias in decision making?

A psychological phenomenon that explains why people tend to seek out information that confirms their existing opinions and overlook or ignore information that refutes their beliefs. Confirmation bias occurs when people filter out potentially useful facts and opinions that don't coincide with their preconceived notions.

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com