wheels for dogma f10 disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I ran a 32 hole Hed Belgium plus on a disk rear hub on a tandem with absolutely no issues, not even any minor truing. Then I sold the tandem and bought a new tandem. On the new tandem they have an option of a low spoke count (24) wheelset that is tandem rated and made by Spinergy. The wheels look cool and I took the bait. Five months later this is what happened. Out of the 24 spokes 22 have hairline cracks around the nipples. Spinergy warrantied the wheel and I got a new replacement wheel. Once I got the replacement wheel I immediately sold the entire wheelset to my LBS at a $600 loss. A lesson learned. My new set has 32 steel spokes on the rear disk hub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I think this is a great example. The industry that so many people trust, can't defeat simple laws of physics and common sense.

Use your head, choose a design that fits. If it doesn't exist then go custom. :D

The spokes and nipples held. The rim didn't. Who's fault is it? Spinergy's or the rim manufacturers?

/a

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

alcatraz wrote:I think this is a great example. The industry that so many people trust, can't defeat simple laws of physics and common sense.

Use your head, choose a design that fits. If it doesn't exist then go custom. :D

The spokes and nipples held. The rim didn't. Who's fault is it? Spinergy's or the rim manufacturers?

/a
The engineers who felt that low spoke tandem wheels were a good idea.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

ODC

by ODC

I have the Shimano Dura Ace C40 clinchers disc wheels and they are the best wheels i ever had.