wheels for dogma f10 disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I ran a 32 hole Hed Belgium plus on a disk rear hub on a tandem with absolutely no issues, not even any minor truing. Then I sold the tandem and bought a new tandem. On the new tandem they have an option of a low spoke count (24) wheelset that is tandem rated and made by Spinergy. The wheels look cool and I took the bait. Five months later this is what happened. Out of the 24 spokes 22 have hairline cracks around the nipples. Spinergy warrantied the wheel and I got a new replacement wheel. Once I got the replacement wheel I immediately sold the entire wheelset to my LBS at a $600 loss. A lesson learned. My new set has 32 steel spokes on the rear disk hub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I think this is a great example. The industry that so many people trust, can't defeat simple laws of physics and common sense.

Use your head, choose a design that fits. If it doesn't exist then go custom. :D

The spokes and nipples held. The rim didn't. Who's fault is it? Spinergy's or the rim manufacturers?

/a

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

alcatraz wrote:I think this is a great example. The industry that so many people trust, can't defeat simple laws of physics and common sense.

Use your head, choose a design that fits. If it doesn't exist then go custom. :D

The spokes and nipples held. The rim didn't. Who's fault is it? Spinergy's or the rim manufacturers?

/a
The engineers who felt that low spoke tandem wheels were a good idea.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

ODC

by ODC

I have the Shimano Dura Ace C40 clinchers disc wheels and they are the best wheels i ever had.