TeamMachine vs Colnago C64

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

A friend who currently rides a Pinn F8 is looking for a new bike and he was focusing in on the BMC TimeMachine SLR01 but I showed him the newly announced C64 and he is now struggling. I would think the C64 is a much different ride then the F8 however the BMC would be much closer. Any arguments pro or con on each bike, anyone have any experience with the TM SLR01?

Please correct me if I am wrong but I would think if he wants a different feel then an F8 the Colnago is probably the best choice...
Last edited by CanadianBiker on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ringo

by Ringo

BMC for the technology behind it.
C64 for everything else.
XXTi
C60

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

guyc

by guyc

No-ones ridden the C64 yet outside the trade/press.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Bianchi Oltre XR4! Sexier and faster than both! 8)
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

as everyone has said nobody has yet ridden the c64. my suggestion is to base your evaluation on c60 rides
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

PinaF8

by PinaF8

I ride an F8, F10, and and SLR01 and they feel roughly the same across the board. Can’t speak for colnago.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

Boshk

by Boshk

CanadianBiker wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:41 pm
One of my good friends who currently rides a Pinn F8 is looking for a new bike and he was focusing in on the BMC TimeMachine SLR01 but I showed him the newly announced C64 and he is now struggling. I would think the C64 is a much different ride then the F8 however the BMC would be much closer. Any arguments pro or con on each bike, anyone have any experience with the TM SLR01?

Please correct me if I am wrong but I would think if he wants a different feel then an F8 the Colnago is probably the best choice...
A new bike to replace or a new bike because we all know we need at least 2 bikes? :mrgreen:

If replace.... F10

If a second toy.... C64

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

Was I dreaming or did I see a post about Calnago building one for a friend? First ride reviews say stiffer but similar to C60. From the thread people are finding the C60 very different from the F8 and the the TM is more similar. He is adding a bike to his collection.

I’ve ridden the C60 and found it very different then my Madone or the F8 I tested. I love my Madone but still regret not getting the C60.

MRM

by MRM

Of the two, I'd go C64 purely off the desirability factor. The BMC just seems utterly ordinary when looking at them side by side.

That said I think the black & silver (disc) and blue Art Decor look the best, but if one goes Colnago I think one should go Art Decor. Seems pointless to go with a "normal" paint job any other brand offers when you can get something truly special that would otherwise require custom painting by a third party with voiding of warranty etc etc.

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

Boshk wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:08 am

A new bike to replace or a new bike because we all know we need at least 2 bikes? :mrgreen:

If replace.... F10

If a second toy.... C64
It's an additional toy!

AJS914

by AJS914

This is really a religious choice.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

^ Amen! Best answer so far.
Although I must confess I just spent a secluded afternoon with my new mistress and she is slowly stealing my heart away. We got really intimate for the first time today and I don’t think there’s any going back. Out for dinner this evening but will have more to say tomorrow or the weekend.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

nycjwi

by nycjwi

I just rode the C64 and it is pretty amazing. My LBS in Santa monica just built one. Only had it for about a mile but very smooth, stable and snappy. Def my next bike.

Ringo

by Ringo

I don’t like the small rear triangle design which has been used by bmc, Scott, Wilier, sworks, basso, giant and other companies.
First looked interesting but now plain.
I prefer classic timeless design.
If he wants another toy he should buy c64 (art decor blue)
XXTi
C60

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

dropped seatstays are nasty looking

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com