Colnago C60 Top Tube Fragile?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

There is a build thread by forum user Sleepless who had a similar problem IIRC.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cro2

by cro2

Kayrehn wrote:Hey that's weird, someone on the C64 thread was saying the C60 is the toughest bike in the peloton because it weighs like 30% more than the other bikes out there Image
Was this backed up by any test data? I know that some magazines perform stiffnes test using lab tools, but I don't havy any info on C60. The problem is that weight alone does not automatically imply a stiff or strong construction, especially in such highly anisotropic material as carbon fiber - here's where layup comes to play.

Wysłane z mojego LG-K430 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Seems to me that putting what’s kind of a square tube into a usually round repair stand will put all the clapping pressure in very specific points

Ringo

by Ringo

Zakalwe wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:04 am
Seems to me that putting what’s kind of a square tube into a usually round repair stand will put all the clapping pressure in very specific points
I totally agree.
Those frames can handle pro riders, I’m sure they would be ok for the rest of us.
Top tubes should be able to handle the pressure when they work as one body with the other tubes.
That doesn’t mean that they are not fragile as units when you clamp them on work stands and perform bb/cassette installation or to carry all the weight when strapped on car rack..
I also talk to them and they told me that all high end superbikes are fragile in that way.

The good news is that they can fix it if it happens! :D
XXTi
C60

wilwil

by wilwil

You all want light bikes so except the consequences. As for sittting on the the top tube to look cool, get a f**king life!

3Pio

by 3Pio

tabl10s wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:26 am
3Pio wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:48 pm
Calnago wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:37 pm
Must Get New C64.... I had no idea my C60 was about to crumble apart underneath me. Thanks for saving my life. Image

I did not safe ur life :) Im just mssnger and someone just interested in this :) (i also adore C60, and ride one and best bike i ever had and ride). And please dont get new C64.. So much marketing gimmick and so ugly in some parts of it.. Except if u dont love Swimming Pools.. Then i'll understund why u must get new C64 (If u have that much urge to buy C64, at least Buy real C64 which is Commodore 64.. :) )

p.s Raid over Moscow, Green Beret and specialy ELITE are something u must do on C64 :)
Good Grammer and Spellcheck are your friend's.

Ah Good old Grammar Nazi.. There u are :)

English is Not my native language, and i was typing that from the phone.. Also not writing official bussiness letter. Im writing on forum for cycling.. But u can try on English grammar forums, im sure they exist...

reedplayer

by reedplayer

wilwil wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:08 pm
You all want light bikes so except the consequences. ......
fair enough, but what has that got to do with the c60?

shipley

by shipley

tabl10s wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:26 am
Good Grammer and Spellcheck are your friend's.
Er, you spelt grammar incorrectly, neither grammar nor spellcheck should have capital letters in this context and there shouldn’t be an apostrophe in friends. :smartass: