Hey sram...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jih

by jih

Are you adjusting it while it is already engaged? Like, you use it to move the cage over? If so, you need to move the cage away from the bolt, tighten the bolt, then move the cage back. There's a button on the mech itself so this is a quick operation.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grover

by grover

jih wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:24 am
Are you adjusting it while it is already engaged? Like, you use it to move the cage over? If so, you need to move the cage away from the bolt, tighten the bolt, then move the cage back. There's a button on the mech itself so this is a quick operation.
I think they're talking about the high limit screw which is meant to be adjusted while in the high position. It's not actually a limit screw. It sets the position of the cage. I recall there is actually a warning that if you adjust this screw with the derailleur in the low position there's risk of damaging the derailleur.

NS

by NS

Have you tried moaning on twitter. Thats the usual way these things are sorted out these days isnt it?

glepore

by glepore

Grover nailed it. Sram didn't respond to an email to their support address on the 'sramnation" webpage, might be a dead link. They don't like support inquires direct from consumers, prefer it thru dealers. My local shop would help, but this was an ebay purchase.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record