Integrated Saddle/Seatpost

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

Who besides Berk makes these?
I have an aero setback post in my Fuji Transonic SL with my saddle all the way forward. I'm thinking of having a custom copy made with the saddle 5mm or so farther forward. Lighter, better looking, slightly better position, lots of $$$.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

It might be costly and due to the airfoil shape of the Transonic seatpost you might have to send in your current post. I’ve cut my post to make it lighter. I also got some titanium hardware. It’s not too heavy of a post to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WannabeWeenie

by WannabeWeenie

Make your own.

My first CF project: Integrated Saddle & ISP Topper
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itsacarr

by itsacarr

The one Berk did for a Cervelo was very nice. I would at least investigate that option.
Just ride ..

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

I like the look of Berk's work so I'm seriously considering it, I just wanted to know who else to look at. During the summer my road bike gets hung up for 6 months so I have plenty of time to send my parts in to be copied. I'm even considering sending my Kalloy Uno stem & Easton EC 90 Aero handlebar to be copied in 1-piece. I'd like the bar to be 38cm wide (40 is the narrowest Easton goes) and the drops to angle more downward. The more backward Easton position angles my wrists up more than I like.

My seatpost is already cut with Ti bolts and the handlebar/stem is about as light as it gets while aero. I've run out of places to drop weight from this aero bike and both these options look like potential weight reduction while improving fit slightly with the only downside being $$$. I could potentially get my 61cm aero bike under 14lbs!

Grill

by Grill

What about Dash? Not quite one piece, but the one I have for my P5 is phenomenal and light.

RussellS

by RussellS

Lelandjt wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:55 pm
My seatpost is already cut with Ti bolts and the handlebar/stem is about as light as it gets while aero. I've run out of places to drop weight from this aero bike and both these options look like potential weight reduction while improving fit slightly with the only downside being $$$.
Caution. Don't know about the companies mentioned in this thread, Berk and Dash. But all of the other froum threads on integrated bar/stems from Trek or Specialized or other names all show them weighing a lot more than separate bar and stems. So unless you are gong for a sell the house and live in a dumpster bar/stem combo, you will likely gain weight.

darnellrm

by darnellrm

RussellS wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:54 pm
Lelandjt wrote:
My seatpost is already cut with Ti bolts and the handlebar/stem is about as light as it gets while aero. I've run out of places to drop weight from this aero bike and both these options look like potential weight reduction while improving fit slightly with the only downside being $$$.
Caution. Don't know about the companies mentioned in this thread, Berk and Dash. But all of the other froum threads on integrated bar/stems from Trek or Specialized or other names all show them weighing a lot more than separate bar and stems. So unless you are gong for a sell the house and live in a dumpster bar/stem combo, you will likely gain weight.
This thread is about saddle/seatpost combos if you look at the title.... :roll:

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

RussellS wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:54 pm
Lelandjt wrote:
Yeah, most bar/stem combos are heavy but Trek's is notably light and everything Berk and Dash make is crazy light. Both the saddle/seatpost and bar/stem fall into the "sell the house" price category. That's why I've waited so long to do them but it's been two years since I bought something for the road bike and I'm getting the itch to make it lighter and slightly improve the fit.

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

Grill wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:06 pm
What about Dash? Not quite one piece, but the one I have for my P5 is phenomenal and light.
It appears Dash makes a post to fit my frame (assuming Fuji didn't change it between the Norcom and Transonic) but the price is even higher than Berk and I think the weight is higher.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Berk makes them.
Cryptic can also do them.

and you can also make your own if you have the saddle & post already, it is not terribly difficult.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

trimenc

by trimenc

I have a Dash integrated saddle/post and love it, but it was pricey. I forget the actual weight, but it is very light for a combo, and comfy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com