Shimano rp9 2018 shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

seaneT1

by seaneT1

Been on the market for a new pair of shoes for quite a while now and these picked my interest recently, firstly because they are very light (ligtest shimano spd road shoe to date, even lighter than s-phyres), secondly because they seem to be good enough for racing, even though they are advertised as an endurance shoe ( same carbon sole stiffness for example as rc-7 ) , and last but not least, they come in black! :D The problem is that there aren't many reviews outhere as of yet, so anybody here has them, has tried them or knows something? :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mds

by mds

I've used a pair for a couple months, size 46 wide. I like them and actually bought a second pair for eventual use. I find them light weight, very comfortable, high quality materials and construction, and enjoy the extremely efficient power transfer through the carbon sole. I am using them with Shimano cleats and Dura-Ace R9100 pedals. I have an old small toe injury, and to avoid all pressure on the healed area, I used a hot air gun and a kitchen spoon to slightly reshape and slightly enlarge a small area of the toe box adjacent to the injury. This worked very well.
2009 Look 595

AJAB

by AJAB

Looking forward to them. Just ordered a pair.

seaneT1

by seaneT1

mds wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:10 am
I've used a pair for a couple months, size 46 wide. I like them and actually bought a second pair for eventual use. I find them light weight, very comfortable, high quality materials and construction, and enjoy the extremely efficient power transfer through the carbon sole. I am using them with Shimano cleats and Dura-Ace R9100 pedals. I have an old small toe injury, and to avoid all pressure on the healed area, I used a hot air gun and a kitchen spoon to slightly reshape and slightly enlarge a small area of the toe box adjacent to the injury. This worked very well.
I've noticed you mentioned 46 wide...so for the sizing they still come at narrow or wide as an option I guess?

dolophonic

by dolophonic

They are great.. .clean looks and function.

mds

by mds

seaneT1 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:31 am
I've noticed you mentioned 46 wide...so for the sizing they still come at narrow or wide as an option I guess?
Yes, there is a regular and a wide type. See Shimano RP9.
2009 Look 595

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeanjacques

by jeanjacques

Hello, anybody tried them ?