Campy decals - levers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

glepore

by glepore

Have a set of SR levers (11 spd) that I bought second hand. I'd like to sand, replace graphics and reclear. Can't find a source for the graphics...anyone?
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I think they're painted/printed on I'm afraid.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yeah, that's probably gonna be a tough one. I've seen some custom levers, but I think it was a very expensive job and involved a professional custom repaint/clear, including the graphics. Maybe just go stealth with no graphics? I've clearcoated some stuff and as long as you can have good access to sanding (which you would with a lever), the clearcoat process can turn out pretty nice, better than nice actually.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

euph

by euph

Search for waterslide decal paper. You can print onto it using your home printer then put a few layers of clear coat on.

Once applied they look pretty clean and with some patience with the clear coats on top of the decals it can look very professional.

Quite labour intensive unfortunately and won't be a perfect match to the original. But it may work if you can't find the decals!

AJS914

by AJS914

The easiest solution is to sell them and buy another set of levers that is cosmetically acceptable.

CLEAR

by CLEAR

If the letters on the levers aren't damaged, you can save it then declear it. I did it in clear matte. Job done. Otherwise, have a local decal maker do a reverse stencil then paint the logo/lettering. Or make a decal in similar size then clear coated until smooth and level as the decals.

glepore

by glepore

Thanks guys-its not horrendous, so I'll likely leave it until it really bugs me then just strip it and reclear. Campy gets stupid money for replacement levers-the shifter body is cheaper.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

CLEAR

by CLEAR

I hear you... once i scraped the lever pretty badly that it bugs me to death every time I see it or even touched it while Riding, and I was surprised to see the replacement cost. After hunting on flebay, finally found a rarely used one side whole shifter for much cheaper than replacement lever. I guess someone else crashed on the opposite side and got ride of the side which is saved and just happen to be the side i needed. Good luck.

billspreston

by billspreston

If you can measure the decal length I can provide the printable vector graphics for you. Either as a composite decal for waterslide or inverse masks for paint as shown. Trouble with the waterslide route is you need to find someone with a printer that can print white ink (I think they are called ALPS printers?). If you have experience with an airbrush I think painting would be pretty straightforward.

glepore

by glepore

Awesome, thanks. Let me check with Tom Kellogg, I'll be over there tomorrow, I think he can print waterslide...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com