Rose X Lite 6

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MichalZZZ

by MichalZZZ

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with these bikes? Some first impressions ?

Best Regards!

Michal.

Ritxis

by Ritxis

I have personal treatment with the brand representative in Spain, I hope to see a brief, not yet if the X-Lite 6 or the X-Lite 4, If it is in a little, I'll comment

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MichalZZZ

by MichalZZZ

Any updates?

Ritxis

by Ritxis

MichalZZZ wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:21 am
Any updates?
A companion of foromtb (woodleg) It's got an X-lite 4 Disc, is very happy with it http://www.foromtb.com/threads/presenta ... t-25713402

Beaver

by Beaver

Definitely a bike that deserves more attention - it's some kind of low budget Tarmac SL 6. ;)

Weight should be the same, the Tarmac will be a tiny bit more aero, has direct mount brakes, two mm more tire clearance (30 vs. 28) and BB30 (which for some is a good thing, for some not).

For me personally - as a mechanical shifting user - the cable routing of the X-lite 6 is better and I prefer the non proprietary seat post. The integrated magnet for power meter is a nice touch. If only they had decided for direct mount brakes (but the new extra solid Shimano R8000/R9100 brakes are supposed to be nearly as good).
Last edited by Beaver on Sun May 06, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MichalZZZ

by MichalZZZ

I'm 186 cm tall and 89 cm inside leg - do I have to order size 57 or 59 ?

Thank you.

jorryt

by jorryt

Can't really give proper advice with that amount info. Some people can sit in an agressive position, some can't. En your leg length isn't the only factor.
The bikes will handle different. On the 57 you probably need a longer stem.

Can you give more info?

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

I'd opt for 57cm, with a tall upper headset cover and possibly 10mm spacer beneath the stem, with 130mm stem&compact short reach handlebars. The top tube on the 59 would be too long for me.

Though nowadays I'd rather have a tad taller headtube than 170mm.. that's why I'd pick 25mm height upper cover for the headset. :)

Beaver

by Beaver

57cm will offer 2cm more seatpost comfort and a longer stem can give you more length easily if needed.

The first customer review complains about a higher weight than claimed (X-Lite Four Ultegra 55cm). Although he opted for lighter DT Swiss RR 1400 DICUT Oxic 21 wheels the bike was 7.1kg instead of 6.8kg. As the Shimano, DT Swiss and Ritchey parts are rarely overweight, it should be frame and fork. This was also an issue in the past... and also a problem with the Tarmac SL in the present.

MichalZZZ

by MichalZZZ

jorryt wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 4:58 pm
Can't really give proper advice with that amount info. Some people can sit in an agressive position, some can't. En your leg length isn't the only factor.
The bikes will handle different. On the 57 you probably need a longer stem.

Can you give more info?

What information is needed? what else should I measure? Arms? I think I have a long legs and little bid shorter torso.

Thank you very much guys for your help.

jorryt

by jorryt

What is your stack height on your current bike and with how many spacers do you ride?

And do you prefer the look of a short stem or a long stem with spacers underneath?
If you have long arms you can achieve a longer reach more easily.

MichalZZZ

by MichalZZZ

Canyon Endurace CF XL
Spacers I remove 2 or 3 (not remember exactly)
Stack 609
Reach 395
Top tube 576
Handlebar drop/reach 132/78 mm.
Stem 100mm

But sometimes i feel this bike is to long for me and i would like change stem for 90mm.

jorryt

by jorryt

Then go for the 57

MichalZZZ

by MichalZZZ

What about stack? Rose in 57 have 37mm less then my Canyon?

themidge

by themidge

Everything depends, but in my experience, too long is much worse than too low. Based on that, worry more about the reach of the bike than the stack (still take stack into consideration though!). Stock bikes tend to come with the shortest stem that works well with the frame, so you're fine if the reach is too short, but a bit stuck if it's too long.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com