Rose X Lite 6

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MichalZZZ

by MichalZZZ

So it means you suggest size 57 for me as well? I'm between sizes and I still not sure.

Alex222

by Alex222

I have pretty much decided to order one of the X Lite 6 next year. Also interested in feedback, especially on how the weight comes in. There was a recent good review in the granfondo online magazine. Still debating on whether to go for the Dura Ace Di2 or Etap.
https://granfondo-cycling.com/rose-x-li ... 18-review/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

themidge

by themidge

MichalZZZ wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:29 pm
So it means you suggest size 57 for me as well? I'm between sizes and I still not sure.
Yes, pretty much. If you can, and you're comfortable on your current bike, then go for the size which is closest to your current bike. If it isn't really going to work for either size (more than ~2cm out) then go for a different frame.

Beaver

by Beaver

Alex222 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:18 pm
I have pretty much decided to order one of the X Lite 6 next year. Also interested in feedback, especially on how the weight comes in. There was a recent good review in the granfondo online magazine. Still debating on whether to go for the Dura Ace Di2 or Etap.
https://granfondo-cycling.com/rose-x-li ... 18-review/
A few years ago Rose sent a specially light frameset for a Tour magazine test. They also bought the same bike anonymously and it was several hundred grams heavier. Now the first customer review for the X-Lite Four complains about a higher weight than claimed, although he even opted for a lighter wheelset...

And the Grand Fondo review praises the Zipp 454 NSW for their crosswind stability. Everyone who tried them complains about a "bitchy" behaviour in crosswinds. And the Tour magazine test supports this... So if Grand Fondo measures a spot on weight I would be a bit sceptical at least.

We will have to wait for someone who rebuilds his bike, before we get real world weights...

But if the really good aerodynamics are just because of the Kamm tail tubes, we will see these on more frames in the future. :D

Edit: That's the 222 watts setup... (Tour Mag. 3/2018 also stated 212 watts, that was a typo).

Last edited by Beaver on Wed May 23, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Alex222

by Alex222

As you've said I think Gran Fondo have just quoted the listed weights rather than real world. A buyer of the bike stated on Bikeradar forum that it came in 200-300g heavier than quoted.

Beaver

by Beaver

It's a shame. But as Peter Denk stated here, it's easy to hold a certain weight with 50 to 100 framesets, but mass production is a different story:

https://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/ ... ogy-30298/

But I also noticed that they state the same weight for Dura Ace / Dura Ace DI2 and Red / Red eTap... So maybe those claimed weights will be corrected soon.

And does anyone have Tour Issue 3/2018 and can tell what wheels and tires were used, when measuring the 212 watts at 45km/h?

It seems to be 222 watts with stock wheels.

The Pinarello F10 with Mavic CXR Ultimate 60 C and 23mm tires was 202 watts, with Zipp 303 and 25mm tires 213 watts...

And the Tarmac SL also has weight issues (52 and 56cm frames):

paulsen

by paulsen

MichalZZZ wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 12:45 pm
I'm 186 cm tall and 89 cm inside leg - do I have to order size 57 or 59 ?

Thank you.

He because inside leg for 59 frame is 88-91 i recommend 59.
My X-LITE FOUR DISC FORCE is around 7,3 kg in 57 cm so its around the weight producer declared. My demo X-LITE SIX Dura Ace 57 is about 6,45 kg which is fair because PRC 1400 Spline upgrade (Mavic R-SYS are 200 g lighter).
Regarding the issue with frames weight in test few years ago: TOUR magazine as spy shopper bought XEON CGF in the moment when ROSE company changed frame maker. The boss Erwin Rose apologized for that incident.

paulsen

by paulsen

MichalZZZ wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 12:45 pm
I'm 186 cm tall and 89 cm inside leg - do I have to order size 57 or 59 ?

Thank you.

Hi, because inside leg for 59 frame is 88-91 i recommend 59.
My X-LITE FOUR DISC FORCE is around 7,3 kg in 57 cm so its around the weight producer declared. My demo X-LITE SIX Dura Ace 57 is about 6,45 kg which is fair because PRC 1400 Spline upgrade (Mavic R-SYS are 200 g lighter).
Regarding the issue with frames weight in test few years ago: TOUR magazine as spy shopper bought XEON CGF in the moment when ROSE company changed frame maker. The boss Erwin Rose apologized for that incident.

Beaver

by Beaver

The bikes have not only been heavier in the Tour magazine test, you can find several customers in the forums with that issue. And now the first X-Lite Four customer review on the Rose homepage (verified buyer) states the same...

And on the homepage the weights of Dura Ace and Dura Ace DI2 (and SRAM Red and SRAM eTap) bikes are also exactely the same. Electronic shifting will add at least 150g with the same other parts. Those weights can't be true for both types.

Kempp

by Kempp

Offtopic a bit.
I have similar sizing question. I am 193cm with 90 cm inseam. Size guide is saying 59 based on inseam and i think i should go 62.
I can post other measures if needed.

frizZmeister

by frizZmeister

Hi all,

Am a long time passive reader of this Forum and now I think I can contribute here....

The size question -> I have a Rose XLite Six Disc since one month now and biked with it about 1250km (long hill climbs in the Swiss/French Alps).
I am 193cm, inseam 91cm.
Of course this is highly subjective but the 62cm frame fits SPOT ON! I love the geometry of this bike! Never ridden anything as sportive, fast and comfortable at the same time! Well done Rose! :thumbup:

Just to give you some info on my bikes/sizes I can compare with:
I had a Specialized Allez 61cm (7 years) and a Rose Team CGF (Carbon Grand Fondo) 61cm (3 years) before and these were both great.
Rose was so nice to lend me a bike (as I had to wait 9 weeks for the XLite to arrive. This was a 59cm TeamGF - frame felt tiny and not good for my size. For two weeks I used the prior version of the XLite in 59cm, that almost killed me (particularly my back and neck).

So all in all, the XLite in 62cm feels and rides amazing! :)
Having said that, I will write something later (probably in a separate post - as it relates specifically to the Disc version) in this forum. Just waiting for some feedback of Rose specifically on one point.

Generally, the way Rose customer service handles their clients is amazing - so just give them a call and ask! They are very very good and far better than other major bike companies I personally and close friends have experienced!

Hope this help!
Cheers,
Friedrich

Rone69

by Rone69

Any updates about ride quality? Stifnness, harshness, etc etc ....?

BagelMaster

by BagelMaster

I'm also curious to hear about the real-world weight. If the ride is right, and the X-LITE Four comes in at or under 7.5kg (website states 7.2), it's a few quick upgrades down the road to getting it into a competitive weight.

Personally, I'm looking for electronic shifitng, disc, and under 7.5kg stock. Bonus points for handling 30-32mm measured tires and budget of course.

Rone69

by Rone69

I'm looking for real-world feedback on the ROSE X-LITE SIX.
I have read that the weight of the frame does not correspond with the weight claimed, but that the frame is a lot of grams heavier, also I've readed that the paint is a little bit thin, flimsy.
There is anyone who can confirm that or tell somthing about this things?

Wich is the tyre clearance, for both version, disc and rim? I mean the measured width of the tyres.
I'd like also to ear something bout the ride quality, climbing and descendig qualities, stiffnes or harshness of the frame.

Thank you in advance for the advices.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alex222

by Alex222

I just had an X Lite 6 Dura Ace Di2 delivered (size 59)
Weight wise out of the box it has come in at 6.5kg, against the quoted weight for a size 57 of 6.2kg.
Went for an internal junction box which meant switching to the Ritchey Streem II bars which I think accounts for c. 40g of extra weight. Also went for Lizard Skins DSP 2.5mm bar tape which might add a tiny bit more.
Annoyingly seat post is above the minimum insertion level so I will need to exchange post for the longer version, which I think will add abother 40g. So I can't comment on ride quality until the seat post is changed.
When the new pedals arrive, combined with the Elite Vico cages, weight should be 6.8kg.
ImageRose by Alex H, on Flickr