Twencom seatbinder

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
spytech

by spytech

Ye Olde Balde One wrote:
spytech wrote:
Ye Olde Balde One wrote:
spytech wrote:that bike can be ridden like any other bike, except for tires (i dont think they are for the street), carbon chainrings (wont last long).

Oh, and i dont like that shaved stem, thats a no, no. :roll:

I agree.

I'm going to use a Pedalsoft stem and the 21mm 135gm Tufo tires.

Also, I can't use those cranks, they only come in 172.5mm length, too short for me. But I'll get close (1/2 lb) to the weight :twisted:

that tire is not suitable for road use, only indoor or track, plus it has a lower tpi. what crank will you use?

FRM CU2 180mm.

I know it says indoor or track, but I don't see a problem on special event wheels (Spada Winium). I also have a set of Spada Carbon Aero's (38mm rim) coming, those will have the 215gm tires.

how about elite jet 160 g :wink:

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

The 160's are only 18mm, too narrow for my tastes.
Ride lightly!

spytech

by spytech

acutally they are not 18mm, they are 20mm :wink: http://www.tufo.com/index.php?lg=en&mn=1&id=46

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

spytech wrote:acutally they are not 18mm, they are 20mm :wink: http://www.tufo.com/index.php?lg=en&mn=1&id=46

They show them on the Tufo NA website...cool if they have them (the lighter ones are backordered).
Ride lightly!

spytech

by spytech

Attachments
elite jet.JPG

jim

by jim

i have been using the btp carbon clamp for over a month now. it's svelte at 6.5 grams :), and surprisingly, the seatpost has not slipped. i am using an extralite 'the post ul'.

back to off topic again here, but i'm a little frightful of the btp carbon clamps for my ergo levers. i feel the carbon part of the clamp is super strong, but the strength of the alloy thread and nut is questionable. having a good portion of body weight reliant on the strength of an alloy thread / nut combination is a worry, particularly if one climbs out of the saddle a lot. i opted to keep the stock ergo clamp setup, and forgo the weight saving in the name of safety.

if btp would use a steel thread piece in the clamp, this would work much better. the alloy nut would be fine threading onto this.