What powermeters do Campagnolo users have?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

karmaz

by karmaz

Mockenrue wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:01 pm
avispa wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:56 am
Have any of you had good luck with the service from Power2Max?
Yes, and they've been first class on all counts. The only downside to buying from Power2Max IMO is that you can't pay using a credit card. It's bank transfer only IIRC.
They now take Paypal as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Make sure you get the tool if you need it or you have access to one.

Geoff

by Geoff

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

I've had the Stages SR model since last April and have been 100% happy with it. If it had the money if have gone for the P2M NG but in the UK they are very expensive.
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

Boshk

by Boshk

cmcdonnell wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:55 pm
I've had the Stages SR model since last April and have been 100% happy with it. If it had the money if have gone for the P2M NG but in the UK they are very expensive.
NGeco version is out but the campy version is still really expensive compared to the Rotor 3d24 version.

Herb5998

by Herb5998

I’ve ran the Campag SRM in the past, it was great. Picked up Power2Max type S for two of my bikes about 2+years ago, so far, great performance as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JensNL

by JensNL

If you buy the Power2Max S, the chainrings (choose as an option) are for free. Thats basically a € 200,- discount.

https://www.power2max.de/europe/en/Prod ... nolo-road/

avispa

by avispa

Geoff wrote:@avispa: http://store.srm.de/demo/srm-campagnolo ... tioned.htm

That's good value...
No, that’s a dead page!
Error 404: page does not exist!

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

Bad URL will do that. The proper page is here: http://store.srm.de/demo/srm-campagnolo ... ioned.html

Boshk

by Boshk

any experience with FSA Powerbox? 386evo, p2m NGeco meter, FSA crank+rings?
Just got an email from FSA stating the Powerbox does work with my campagnolo 11 spd drivetrain, all I need to do is get their adaptor bb86 to 386evo.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

If the pricing works out, I’d strongly suggest getting the P2M with Praxis rings (P2M sells). My bike came with standard level FSA rings and the front dropped the chain 1/3 shifts. I got Praxis units and the world was a better place. You can run an adapter or get new BB bearings. You can get the properly sizes FSA alloy unit from P2M with nice rings for $590 vs $520 for the Powerbox + $60 for the Adapter

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

Well to update my position. I'm just about to buy a second Stages PM for my Litespeed. I've been happy with the Stages Gen 2 SR unit on my Bianchi and have recently used it on the Wahoo KICKR Turbo whislt it was being recalibrated. I'm satisfied that both my Stages and KICKR turbo are now speaking the same language with all rides being +/- 1% of each other (KICKR initially reads a fraction high and then drifts to a fraction low after 60-90 mins, we're talking <5watts, so pretty happy with that).

Just checked out P2M prices and the NG comes in at £1423, the newer 4 arm Type S at £1229 and the old (ugly 5-arm in imho) Type S at £965 whereas the Stages Chorus is available for £615! I have never seen a leg discrepancy when tested profesionally and the KICKR data seems to back it up so will probably go for anoter stages. I'm probably going to wait a couple of weeks because the new Stages Power L is due out any day now (saying that that could mean anotehr 9 months knowing Stages!) and I'll probably go for that at £699 unless the older Gen2 model gets reduced anotehr 10% or so!
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

fogman

by fogman

What is the difference between the Stages Super Record Gen 2 vs. Gen 3 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

robertbb

by robertbb

robertbb wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:15 am
Just went through a decision making process on this, and ended up pulling the trigger 30 minutes ago on Garmin Vector 3 dual. This will be my first power meter... here's hoping they show up quickly and work as seamlessly as I hope they will.

For sale: Speedplay Zero pedals :-)
Cancelled my order for Vector 3's after the estimated shipping date by Garmin was delayed twice, and now still no ETA. Have today bought Favero Assioma duo's. Had some queries on how these might look on Campy cranks, but was kindly helped out with some pics by forum member 3pio. Very excited to start training with power.

For any Campy user wanting to keep the original Campy crank aesthetic, and/or have a single power meter that is easily transferrable between bikes here is a list of advantages of the Assioma's over the Garmin Vector 3's:

– Cheaper by $200 (or more) depending on where you look
– Greener (rechargeable, no batteries into landfill)
– Cheaper to run (wall/USB power costs less than batteries)
– Lighter (30g including the weight of batteries!)
– Installs with an 8mm Allen key, one less tool needed for travel
– The pedal is better designed overall:
1) Quality internal bearings vs Garmin's cheaper needle bearing
2) Better protection from the elements, the smarts are sealed in a resin pod that has zero exposure to the elements
3) Easily serviceable by user and all spare parts readily available from Favero’s site
4) The pod being on the inside next to the crank also means if you crash, it’s only the replaceable body that gets damaged
5) Lower stack height (10.5 vs 12.7)
– Data is very accurate and consistent, and you get ANT+ and Bluetooth.
- Quality control appears top notch, consistently high review ratings and almost no reports of failures (in wild contrast to the Garmin's).
- Supports oval rings (not as much an advantage with Campy, but cool nonetheless and handy for re-sale)

Anyone considering them feel free to PM me and I'll forward you the pics of what these things look like on Campy (2015+) cranks.

3Pio

by 3Pio

robertbb wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:52 am
robertbb wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:15 am
Just went through a decision making process on this, and ended up pulling the trigger 30 minutes ago on Garmin Vector 3 dual. This will be my first power meter... here's hoping they show up quickly and work as seamlessly as I hope they will.

For sale: Speedplay Zero pedals :-)
Cancelled my order for Vector 3's after the estimated shipping date by Garmin was delayed twice, and now still no ETA. Have today bought Favero Assioma duo's. Had some queries on how these might look on Campy cranks, but was kindly helped out with some pics by forum member 3pio. Very excited to start training with power.

For any Campy user wanting to keep the original Campy crank aesthetic, and/or have a single power meter that is easily transferrable between bikes here is a list of advantages of the Assioma's over the Garmin Vector 3's:

– Cheaper by $200 (or more) depending on where you look
– Greener (rechargeable, no batteries into landfill)
– Cheaper to run (wall/USB power costs less than batteries)
– Lighter (30g including the weight of batteries!)
– Installs with an 8mm Allen key, one less tool needed for travel
– The pedal is better designed overall:
1) Quality internal bearings vs Garmin's cheaper needle bearing
2) Better protection from the elements, the smarts are sealed in a resin pod that has zero exposure to the elements
3) Easily serviceable by user and all spare parts readily available from Favero’s site
4) The pod being on the inside next to the crank also means if you crash, it’s only the replaceable body that gets damaged
5) Lower stack height (10.5 vs 12.7)
– Data is very accurate and consistent, and you get ANT+ and Bluetooth.
- Quality control appears top notch, consistently high review ratings and almost no reports of failures (in wild contrast to the Garmin's).
- Supports oval rings (not as much an advantage with Campy, but cool nonetheless and handy for re-sale)

Anyone considering them feel free to PM me and I'll forward you the pics of what these things look like on Campy (2015+) cranks.

And i must add the main worry i had was if the pods interfere with my shoes (Specialized S-Works 5 and Gaerne Stylo G+ 2017).. Not a problem with both shoes.. In this version pods are a bit smaller compared to BePro version, so no interfere shoes problem anymore.

And really love that one charge it's enogh for about 1000 km and a bit more, and when u have 8 hours left there is Low Battery warning...

The main advantage of Vector 3 (and i think only advantage), they look a bit sleaker and more minimal (never seen them in real, based from the pictures), but it's not that bad with Assioma's

Since im realizing that many Campy users have dilemma to order them based if the pods with stick out of the cranks (my self as well before i decide to order them), i'll upload the pictures here, so maybe it can be helpfull for others as well...

BTW, i have about 2000 km on them, and rode them in not nice weather (dust, rain, snow, still winter here even it should be Spring :) ), not any kind of problems..

p.s. Sorry about dirty bike, pictures made few minutes after i return from 135 km ride :) Today bike cleaning day (since outside is snow :) )

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com