What powermeters do Campagnolo users have?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Boshk

by Boshk

Seems like less options for us campy users.

what are you using?

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

Power2Max Campagnolo powermeter. Never given it a second thought and never given me a single problem. Change the battery once a year and I'm good to go.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Powertap hub

karmaz

by karmaz

EvilEuro wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:26 pm
Power2Max Campagnolo powermeter. Never given it a second thought and never given me a single problem. Change the battery once a year and I'm good to go.
+1
P2M Type 2 5 arm crank.

Miller

by Miller

Um, both of the above? I have a PT wheelset and on my TT bike, a P2M chainset. Both work very well.

bremerradkurier

by bremerradkurier

Pioneer offers dual sided built on a customer provided Potenza crank, and Stages offers left side only Chorus up to SR.

cycleboyco

by cycleboyco

If you can live with the cleats, Garmin Vector 3 or the other pedal based PM options are worth considering, especially if you have other bikes. Currently using the Vector 3 with my H11 crank and used the Vector 2 with my prior SR crank. The Vector 3 is much easier to install and less sensitive to a proper install than the prior versions, and the Powertap P1 pedals and the Favero Assioma also look easy to install with the Favero being the least expensive and lightest of the 3.

3Pio

by 3Pio

Using Favero Assioma Duo.Very satisfied for now.... Using them on two my bikes, need less then 5 minutes to move from one to another....

I was worried how they'll work vs my Look Keo Blade Ti pedals, seem Favero are better (easier to find the pedal in the ride to clip). Using them with regular Look Keo Cleats (which have now like 3500 km on them and no problems at all)

Only negative side vs old pedals are 90 gm exra weight..

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I have a couple of Power2Max Type S 4-arms, a 5-arm SRM and a Record Stages. If I had to keep only one I think it would probably be the Power2Max.

Kaboom

by Kaboom

3Pio wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:14 pm
Using Favero Assioma Duo.Very satisfied for now.... Using them on two my bikes, need less then 5 minutes to move from one to another....

I was worried how they'll work vs my Look Keo Blade Ti pedals, seem Favero are better (easier to find the pedal in the ride to clip). Using them with regular Look Keo Cleats (which have now like 3500 km on them and no problems at all)

Only negative side vs old pedals are 90 gm exra weight..
how often do you move them from bike to bike? I'm about to start doing the same and i'm a little worried about the long term damage...

XCProMD

by XCProMD

I’m using Power2Max and SRM and loving both

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

power2 max. the best, period because you don't have to send back to company for replacing batteries. also very accurate and looks great.

TonyM

by TonyM

mike wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:59 pm
power2 max. the best, period because you don't have to send back to company for replacing batteries. also very accurate and looks great.
+1. Very happy with my P2M Type S.

c60rider

by c60rider

I have a power2max NG which has been on the bike almost a year and been faultless really impressed and think I've only had to recharge it 3 times. It looks about as ugly as the standard 4 arm Campag cranks so nothing lost or gained in that department.

I've had a Stages Super Record matched up with my old 5 arm Super Record cranks on another bike and I've been fairly impressed with that so far. I thought there was an issue with the battery as the original lasted all of 4 rides but I've been measuring another with a multimeter regularly and it's barely losing any charge though I am removing it after every ride. Once I get a bit more confidence I'll leave it in and see how it drains then.

Money no option I'd purchase a P2M every time but if you already have the cranks the Stages is a good option with excellent customer service from what I've read. And you might need it!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

What? These things have a battery? I would never have known because you forget as the years go by without having to replace it. Let's see... 1900hours, say an average 15mph... so... 28,500miles. Hmmm... 28,500/7 years= over 4,000 mile/yr for 7 years. And not a single missed beat. Bulletproof... sealed from all weather elements. Water ingress? What's that? Super clean look. No sign of any lumpy sensor or battery doors. The decal shown goes perfectly with the Campy groupset. Price is the only downside, so I get it. But if you can swing it pricewise, why not.

My first powermeter was a hub based Powertap SLC+. Didn't like that it was dedicated to one wheelset, was big and bulky, and the hub flange design was not the best for the spokes and caused breakages. Eventually went with SRM and never looked back.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com