Trek Madone - CAmpagnolo Super record EPS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

xadubo33

by xadubo33

Yes possible, the new set handlebars / stem resumes the same progresses as the former model.
I waits for a new frame ordered by a customer to make him this assembly
Photos will be bet on-line

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Thank you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grumpier

by grumpier

I did an EPS install on a Madone 9.0 and it is really straight forward. There is lots of room inside the downtube for the battery and it attaches to the back side of the water bottle bolts as normal. The stock EPS attachment bolts are a couple of mm too long, so I used some thin nylon washers on the top of the downtube. This works well because Trek has no exterior bottle bosses on the frame and the washers protect the paint. The wires were plenty long on my 54cm frame and I can confirm that the older and larger V2 battery fits without issue.

Unless you can get an eTap Control Center cover, which I don't even know if they make. you will have to figure out what to do for filling the hole on the cover and mounting the charge port for the older V2 battery. I used a 3D printed eTap cover from Shapeways and drilled a hole for the charge port. These are reasonably priced at about 20$ with shipping

Trek will still tell you that EPS doesn't work on the 9.0 (or the new 2019 model with regular bars), but there really are no issues with the install.
Attachments
Madone1.jpeg
Madone2.jpeg

SchallUndRauch

by SchallUndRauch

xadubo33 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:41 am
Yes possible, the new set handlebars / stem resumes the same progresses as the former model.
I waits for a new frame ordered by a customer to make him this assembly
Photos will be bet on-line
Xadubo, have you - or has anybody else installed Campa SR 12x EPS on a Madone SLR Disc frame? I am not happy with mechanical, and the cranks are on, so I am committed to put Campa on it.
If EPS can be installed, I would love to hear how you did it:
- Battery in the downtube, ziptied to the new Control Center?
- Did you use the handlebar-end interface? If so, can the normal holes in the Madone handlebar be used to reach the shifters, or do the holes have to be drilled that EPS originally demands?
- Are the cables long enough for a size 62 frame, 120mm stem?
- How did you make the connectors fit through the frame holes?

SchallUndRauch

by SchallUndRauch

Anybody?
SchallUndRauch wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:18 am
Xadubo, have you - or has anybody else installed Campa SR 12x EPS on a Madone SLR Disc frame? I am not happy with mechanical, and the cranks are on, so I am committed to put Campa on it.
If EPS can be installed, I would love to hear how you did it:
- Battery in the downtube, ziptied to the new Control Center?
- Did you use the handlebar-end interface? If so, can the normal holes in the Madone handlebar be used to reach the shifters, or do the holes have to be drilled that EPS originally demands?
- Are the cables long enough for a size 62 frame, 120mm stem?
- How did you make the connectors fit through the frame holes?

SchallUndRauch

by SchallUndRauch

It seems to be possible; somebody did it:
8B06B83B-7621-4553-8B4A-CFF36C0475BF.jpeg