Maximum stack on aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

calv1n

by calv1n

Hi all, I’m 1m73, inseam 80cm and currently ride a 52cm caad9, with spacers taking the stack from 529 to 535.

The XS aeroad fits my saddle height of 70cm best but has a stack of 509, so I’d need 2.5cm of spacers on the stack - does anyone know if this is provided? Whether it would be too many spacers and should go up to a size S?

The size S saddle height would almost be at its bottom setting - would that look awful? Does anyone have a pic of an aeroad with slammed saddle?

Which way would you go? I’m hoping I might get a bit more flexi!

Thanks for any help

Current Caad set up

jasjas

by jasjas

My daughter had an Aeroad size XS, with the seat at pretty much on min insertion, it looks very weird.

canyon swapped it for a XXS (you ve 30 days to send it back and can order a dif stem/cockpit if you want) and it is a perfect fit, she is 1m 64.

the bike comes with a headcap of 15mm and 27 mm of spacers, you ll have loads to play with, its a not a particularly radical bike, despite what you read its very user friendly, comfortable and handles great.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

calv1n

by calv1n

jasjas wrote:My daughter had an Aeroad size XS, with the seat at pretty much on min insertion, it looks very weird.

canyon swapped it for a XXS (you ve 30 days to send it back and can order a dif stem/cockpit if you want) and it is a perfect fit, she is 1m 64.

the bike comes with a headcap of 15mm and 27 mm of spacers, you ll have loads to play with, its a not a particularly radical bike, despite what you read its very user friendly, comfortable and handles great.
That’s awesome Jasjas, thanks very much for the reply.
I think you’ve encouraged me to go with more seatpost and more spacers on the stack, which is preferable to me. I’ll prob upgrade from 90 to 100mm stem too. Exciting Image

morganb

by morganb

jasjas wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:21 pm
My daughter had an Aeroad size XS, with the seat at pretty much on min insertion, it looks very weird.

Do you know if the headset cap is removable/exchangeable with a low stack version or if its integrated? I've considered one of these bikes and had the same problem, where I am right between an XS and a S. The S with no headset stack would be perfect with their integrated bar (which I believe is -10deg).

jasjas

by jasjas

the cap is just a pressfit, with an allen key on the integrated bar, its 8', on the separate stem its 6'

they do a lo-pro head cap, which you can order from them.
part number 8 2013_11_03_E219_15_assy_transition_plate_low_aero_3d_V1 1 A1048122

this for the H11 handle bar, i dont know the depth but it looks about 5mm max, if you PM me, i ll ping you the email with the parts diagram on it.

oh and what you do is order the bike, then buy a new handle bar/stem etc, on receipt of your old parts, they refund you, thats what they do in the UK anyhows.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

calv1n

by calv1n

Does anyone know the weight of an XS aeroad frameset (or any size frameset)? And the weight of integrated bars and stem? Thanks