New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

lightspeedylight

by lightspeedylight

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:02 am
lightspeedylight wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:38 am
FlatlandClimber wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:01 pm
58/L
The Venge went out of production for a year, to be revamped under the new UCI regulation in 2021. I am pretty sure this will happen...
So, let's wait a few months to get the new Venge then...
PS Size 58? these are light bikes...it's easy to lighten a bike in size 49...Good job :thumbup:
Have you seen the builds?
Aethos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=162681&start=870
Emonda: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=161653&start=1245
S5:
viewtopic.php?f=131&t=163083&start=30

Non of them are trimmed for the last gram, but obviously not the heaviest components either.
Beautiful collection
The S5 is amazing...Questions: what bontrager wheels have you on the Emonda? Why did you put the rapide instead of the alpinist on the Aethos? Using tubolito at the moment on the same tires, but 28: can you compare schwalbe tubes to tubolito? You have all red setups: are they all the same about cassette and chainrings? Can you please post photo of the sram chaincatcher? My mechanic says I don't have to worry about chain drops because he did setup everything in the perfect way...but I do not want to have problems...Thanks
Thanks

by Weenie

UltraMaraFun

by UltraMaraFun

Took the plunge and just bought a 2020 SystemSIX Hi-Mod frameset for a cracking price. Are there alternatives to the Knot bar and stem that keeps all the cables hidden and plays nicely with the headset spacers that come with the bike? It's not the end of the world if I have to go with the Knot items, but have seen they are heavy, and if I can use my preferred bar (Pro Vibe Aero carbon) and a suitable stem I would be very happy. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Bikes:
2020 SystemSIX Hi-Mod - Frameset Received (awaiting Dura-Ace 2021 or just build it?)
2021 Giant TCR ADV Pro Disc
2020 Giant Revolt ADV 2
2019 Genesis Team Zero Disc - SOLD Oct 2020

lightspeedylight

by lightspeedylight

UltraMaraFun wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:23 pm
Took the plunge and just bought a 2020 SystemSIX Hi-Mod frameset for a cracking price. Are there alternatives to the Knot bar and stem that keeps all the cables hidden and plays nicely with the headset spacers that come with the bike? It's not the end of the world if I have to go with the Knot items, but have seen they are heavy, and if I can use my preferred bar (Pro Vibe Aero carbon) and a suitable stem I would be very happy. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Looking for a 58 in gold/black, too. About the handlebar+stem, considering the idea of shaving weight, I would consider the Bontrager Aero XXX...241 grams on size 42. The seatpost can't be changed but what about wheels and group?

UltraMaraFun

by UltraMaraFun

lightspeedylight wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:15 pm
UltraMaraFun wrote:
Looking for a 58 in gold/black, too. About the handlebar+stem, considering the idea of shaving weight, I would consider the Bontrager Aero XXX...241 grams on size 42. The seatpost can't be changed but what about wheels and group?
Hi lightspeedylight

I have only purchased the frameset, so wheels, groupset etc will be best I can afford, so hopefully fairly lightweight (Holding out for 2021 Dura-Ace) to keep
weight as close to 8kg or less as possible, but as its a 56cm and full on aero rig, I am realistic. Good luck with your search for a 58cm.
Bikes:
2020 SystemSIX Hi-Mod - Frameset Received (awaiting Dura-Ace 2021 or just build it?)
2020 Giant Revolt ADV 2

lightspeedylight

by lightspeedylight

UltraMaraFun wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:09 pm
lightspeedylight wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:15 pm
UltraMaraFun wrote:
Hi lightspeedylight

I have only purchased the frameset, so wheels, groupset etc will be best I can afford, so hopefully fairly lightweight (Holding out for 2021 Dura-Ace) to keep
weight as close to 8kg or less as possible, but as its a 56cm and full on aero rig, I am realistic. Good luck with your search for a 58cm.
Hi there
My LBS said that with size 58 and Roval Rapide 51/60 I can stay easily under 8kgs (around 7,7 kilos with Sram Red ETAP and DA pedals) considering the weight of the Rapides around 1,400 grams against over 1,700 grams of the knot64. About the DA2021, well, I can't wait for it...nobody knows when it will be available on the market. I cannot make plans on mere rumors or speculations. Following UCI rules, teams can use parts not in the market yet for no more than 12 months...it means that if Shimano give some DA2021 to the teams for the next pro season they have 'till march 2022 to market it...and we know shimano: if it is not more than perfect it won't be Shimano labeled...

bet1216

by bet1216

UltraMaraFun wrote:

Considering that the Systemsix is a full on aero bike, I wonder what the impact is changing the wheelset? The Knot 64 wheels are rather wide, I wonder what part the width and shape of the wheels plays in the overall slipperiness of the bike when you factor in the shape and width of the downtube.

UltraMaraFun

by UltraMaraFun

bet1216 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:09 am
UltraMaraFun wrote:

Considering that the Systemsix is a full on aero bike, I wonder what the impact is changing the wheelset? The Knot 64 wheels are rather wide, I wonder what part the width and shape of the wheels plays in the overall slipperiness of the bike when you factor in the shape and width of the downtube.
Hi bet1216

Whatever wheels I go for will be wide, modern shape, so should be minimal impact, I tend to do a fair bit of research before I buy. My current wheels are the Roval CLX50 disc, so that is my benchmark, as they are light, aero, wide and test pretty well for aero. I am a big fan of Di2, but am keen to go to 12speed, and am willing to try Sram Red AXS as it is a good looking groupset, but I really would rather stick with shimano, but dont want to wait a year to finish the build, so we will see.
Bikes:
2020 Giant Revolt ADV 2

PrivateAddress

by PrivateAddress

UltraMaraFun wrote:
Just received my own 2020 SystemSix HM Team Replica frameset. Didn't want to go with KNOT because in order to keep a low front-end I need a long stem and KNOT is not available in 130 or 140 mm. So I am waiting for a Deda Vinci stem and handlebar to arrive. Deda makes a special Systemsix adapter for between the stem and headset so that the cables remain completely hidden. A Deda distributor is trying to get the part for me. Part HDVCNTCCANN 8052783487662

Show us what you end up with, please.

PrivateAddress

by PrivateAddress

UltraMaraFun wrote:
Which derailleur hanger did your frameset come with? I received my own 2020 SystemSix HM Team Replica frameset just yesterday and was surprised to see that it has a derailleur for single-lead axles installed even though the double-lead SpeedRelease axles are of course included (hence the rear axle isn't even usable with this hanger). Is this normal? Or does this mean that someone replaced a double-lead hanger with a single-lead one?

UltraMaraFun

by UltraMaraFun

PrivateAddress wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:36 am
UltraMaraFun wrote:
Which derailleur hanger did your frameset come with? I received my own 2020 SystemSix HM Team Replica frameset just yesterday and was surprised to see that it has a derailleur for single-lead axles installed even though the double-lead SpeedRelease axles are of course included (hence the rear axle isn't even usable with this hanger). Is this normal? Or does this mean that someone replaced a double-lead hanger with a single-lead one?
I didn't really check that closely to be fair, I just took the frameset half out of the box to look at it, and checked the box with all the bits and pieces and didn't
pay much more attention. I may just go with the Sigeyi directmount hanger as it is lighter. I have the knot stem already, and the knot bars are due to me 19th Dec, but I may go with the Farsports integrated bar/stem as it has specific spacer to work with the SystemSIX spacers, is a lot lighter than the Knot items, and is similar drop/reach to my Pro Vibe Aero bars, and -7 degree stem. The Deda Vinci looks a nice option, but -17 is not my preferred option from a fit perspective, so wont
work for me.
Bikes:
2020 Giant Revolt ADV 2

Cycloholic

by Cycloholic

Question!
Can I use sram red 1x aero crankest with 45mm chain line? Of course with the sram dub46 bb.

Cycloholic

by Cycloholic

Question!
Can I use sram red 1x aero crankest 50t with 45mm chain line? Of course with the sram dub46 bb.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

UltraMaraFun wrote:
How about not completely hidden but close.
Is this acceptable?
Specialized Aerofly II 38cm + Specialized Tarmac stem -12 degree 110mm
105185972_10157644658592061_4671214872297898282_o.jpg
104295218_10157644725787061_8790697144626783297_o.jpg
103767575_10157644726287061_6096713177359083403_o.jpg

Cycloholic

by Cycloholic

danridesbikes wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:35 pm
changed from Roval CL64 to Knot64 & Saddle to S-Works Power, also switched out the Axles to Robert Axle Project

gif upload site
Is this 45mm chainline red crankset right? 50t? It fits without any problem right? Cause i heard it is AI but i dont think so!

by Weenie

Hexsense

by Hexsense

It's not AI dished.
PF30a just need different bottom bracket vs regular pf30.
But chainline and crank is the same.

for DUB, either Sram's official
PF30A-dub (73mm-- road version, not 83mm for mtb)
https://mybikeshop.com/products/sram-du ... -73mm.html
or BBinfinite pf30a-dub or anything else that is for pf30a and dub.