New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

Hexsense

by Hexsense

PrivateAddress wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:12 pm

I realize this post is 2 years old now but I couldn't find any more recent posts on traveling with a SystemSix in either a BBA or Trico Iron case. The fork at 0 degrees is definitely not ideal for the fork itself, for the frame and headset that are lifted up a bit as you mentioned previously, or for the wheel that get's squeezed on top of that fork. But, nevertheless, is your bike one with fully integrated cabling? Or were you able to move the handlebars out of the way only because you have the external cabling that goes into the downtube?

Buying a SystemSix becomes less attractive it there is a need to also buy a Scicon or other expensive case at the same time.....
Instead of trying to pack bike with fork in place. Downsize the bag to Airport Ninja or something similarly small. There, you remove the fork from the bike regardless.

With -17 degree Bontrager Blendr Pro stem. There is enough cable slack to remove stem from the steerer tube first.
Then, at least on my size 48 SuperSix which have the same HT length as SystemSix 51 with 110mm stem and bar with cable exit port right next to the stem,
move cable exit port of the bar very close to the headtube cable entrance allow ALMOST enough slack to slide the fork out of the headtube. It's just almost in my case which I don't cut steerer tube as short as possible. If you set-up with a little more cable slack than my set-up (and more slack inherently from using longer stem than 110mm, with bar that cable exit is a little further away from the stem. ) There might be enough cable slack to just remove the fork to pack. Those cable slack can coil a bit in the bar or frame with no bad effects.

ps. Black tape in my picture is there temporary to shape the cable. I remove the tape later after the cable somewhat memorize it's bend angle.
20200609_224258.jpg
20200609_224314.jpg
20200609_225136.jpg

PrivateAddress

by PrivateAddress

Hexsense wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:27 pm
PrivateAddress wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:12 pm

I realize this post is 2 years old now but I couldn't find any more recent posts on traveling with a SystemSix in either a BBA or Trico Iron case. The fork at 0 degrees is definitely not ideal for the fork itself, for the frame and headset that are lifted up a bit as you mentioned previously, or for the wheel that get's squeezed on top of that fork. But, nevertheless, is your bike one with fully integrated cabling? Or were you able to move the handlebars out of the way only because you have the external cabling that goes into the downtube?

Buying a SystemSix becomes less attractive it there is a need to also buy a Scicon or other expensive case at the same time.....
Instead of trying to pack bike with fork in place. Downsize the bag to Airport Ninja or something similarly small. There, you remove the fork from the bike regardless.

With -17 degree Bontrager Blendr Pro stem. There is enough cable slack to remove stem from the steerer tube first.
Then, at least on my size 48 SuperSix which have the same HT length as SystemSix 51 with 110mm stem and bar with cable exit port right next to the stem,
move cable exit port of the bar very close to the headtube cable entrance allow ALMOST enough slack to slide the fork out of the headtube. It's just almost in my case which I don't cut steerer tube as short as possible. If you set-up with a little more cable slack than my set-up (and more slack inherently from using longer stem than 110mm, with bar that cable exit is a little further away from the stem. ) There might be enough cable slack to just remove the fork to pack. Those cable slack can coil a bit in the bar or frame with no bad effects.

ps. Black tape in my picture is there temporary to shape the cable. I remove the tape later after the cable somewhat memorize it's bend angle.
20200609_224258.jpg
20200609_224314.jpg
20200609_225136.jpg
That may be possible with your own setup where the cabling doesn't go through the stem, but would seem impossible with a KNOT SystemStem/Bar or Deda Vinci Stem/Bar or Deda Alanera integrated stem/bar setup.

by Weenie

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Right, if you care so much about packing for travel. Cable under the stem which is still out of sight is so much more packable than any set-up with cable fully in the stem.
In this case, Bontrager RSL VR-C would pretty much guaranteed you can remove fork from the bike with enough cable slack.

Discodan

by Discodan

I put a canyon integrated cockpit on mine for this reason. It uses channels for all of the cables rather than holes so you can release 250mm or so of cable to allow the bars to come off for packing in a box

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

PrivateAddress

by PrivateAddress

Hexsense wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:36 pm
Right, if you care so much about packing for travel. Cable under the stem which is still out of sight is so much more packable than any set-up with cable fully in the stem.
In this case, Bontrager RSL VR-C would pretty much guaranteed you can remove fork from the bike with enough cable slack.
Only available as -7 deg, no -17 deg.

bet1216

by bet1216

PrivateAddress wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:47 pm
[That may be possible with your own setup where the cabling doesn't go through the stem, but would seem impossible with a KNOT SystemStem/Bar or Deda Vinci Stem/Bar or Deda Alanera integrated stem/bar setup.
The KNOT systemstem shouldn't be an issue because the cabling actually doesn't go through the stem. There is a cover on bottom of the stem that covers the cabling but it is removable and the system on the SystemSix and SuperSix Evo use the same entery into the head tube as pictured. The KNOT system is actually really nice for changing spacers or stem length because you don't have to recable anything because it is designed to come apart. The KNOT system is designed well for traveling and taking apart the front end...its the primary reason I am going to use the KNOT stem and SAVE bar on my Supersix Evo build because it makes traveling and packing the bike so easy. Most of the integrated bar/stem combo like the Deda integration system are nearly impossible to travel with if you want to take the bars off.

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

does anyone know what the biggest ring i can fit is?

PrivateAddress

by PrivateAddress

bet1216 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:28 am
PrivateAddress wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:47 pm
[That may be possible with your own setup where the cabling doesn't go through the stem, but would seem impossible with a KNOT SystemStem/Bar or Deda Vinci Stem/Bar or Deda Alanera integrated stem/bar setup.
The KNOT systemstem shouldn't be an issue because the cabling actually doesn't go through the stem. There is a cover on bottom of the stem that covers the cabling but it is removable and the system on the SystemSix and SuperSix Evo use the same entery into the head tube as pictured. The KNOT system is actually really nice for changing spacers or stem length because you don't have to recable anything because it is designed to come apart. The KNOT system is designed well for traveling and taking apart the front end...its the primary reason I am going to use the KNOT stem and SAVE bar on my Supersix Evo build because it makes traveling and packing the bike so easy. Most of the integrated bar/stem combo like the Deda integration system are nearly impossible to travel with if you want to take the bars off.
Hadn't seen that anywhere that one can pull the hoses and Di2 wires out of both the spacers and the stem itself. Glad that works for you. But even then the SystemSix fork can't rotate more than 50% so packing in a Trico case or Bike Box Allan is still not obvious. And the KNOT system can't work for me because there is no 130 mm stem. So if I do go ahead and get a SystemSix I'd have to just get a travel case where the bars stay on.

Edd11

by Edd11

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:46 pm
vneilv wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:07 pm
Hey WW, I've been looking at getting one of the 2021 EF Systemsix frames but I think I'm going to be waiting a while and have found a 2019 BBQ frameset at a good price.

Can I ask is there any difference apart from the paintjob between the 2019 and 2020/2021 models?

Thanks so much.
Same frames, different colors.
I've been comparing the 2020 System Six Ultegra with the 2021 ssUltegra are their any differences between the frames, component, cockpit etc. other than the colour options.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Edd11 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:08 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:46 pm
vneilv wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:07 pm
Hey WW, I've been looking at getting one of the 2021 EF Systemsix frames but I think I'm going to be waiting a while and have found a 2019 BBQ frameset at a good price.

Can I ask is there any difference apart from the paintjob between the 2019 and 2020/2021 models?

Thanks so much.
Same frames, different colors.
I've been comparing the 2020 System Six Ultegra with the 2021 ssUltegra are their any differences between the frames, component, cockpit etc. other than the colour options.
Frames are the same apart from the colors. I think the 2021 comes with the KNØT cockpit, Ultegra rotors but just look at the components lists to see if there are any difference in the components.

bet1216

by bet1216

Considering getting a used 2019 Systemsix. I will likely get the frame repainted. Looking at the Knot64 wheels that come on the bike they have color graphics on them I am not a big fan of...Are these stickers that can be removed?

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Yes, they are stickers so easily removed.
Scott Foil
Shimano 9150
Shimano FCR-9100-P
Shimano C60 tubulars

Edd11

by Edd11

Any noticable difference between:

Cannondale BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon forks and the non Hi-MOD version? stiffness weight etc.

(1-1/8" - 1-1/4" steerer, 12x100mm Speed Release thru-axle, flat mount disc to be specific)

Omiar

by Omiar

What is the difference between 'KNOT Systembar' and 'Hollogram KNOT Systembar' ? Seems the Hollogram version has a deeper profile at the tops?
Scott Foil Disc 2021 - due to arrive
Cannondale SystemSix R8070
Wilier Jena GRX
Scott Scale 935 build project
Sold:
Scott Foil Disc R8070
Scott Foil R6770
Scott Spark RC900 LTD M8000
Scott Scale 35

by Weenie

bet1216

by bet1216

All the high end (non-round) Cannondale bars for the systemsix, supersixEVO, synapse and Topstone have SystemBar and HollowGram in the name. The differences are SAVE and KNOT. The names are HollowGram Carbon SAVE SytemBar and HollowGram KNOT SystemBar. I have no idea why they use Carbon in the name of the SAVE bar (Unless there is a noncarbon version) because both the KNOT and SAVE bars are made of Carbon. The KNOT bar is stiffer and the top is bigger (longer/wider from front to back) than the SAVE bar. The SAVE bar is supposed to work in conjunction on the SupersixEVO, Synapse and Topstone to smooth/balance the ride quality. All the bars use the same mounting system to the stem so they can be swapped out and/or be used with either the SAVE stem or the KNOT stem.