New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
hannawald

by hannawald

+1 i didn't fell in love with System Six and Super Six on pictures but in live they looked great.

by Weenie

MartinRa

by MartinRa

the same with the new Caad13, my mantis coulur looks really, really bad on their homepage, but in real live i just love the sparkle of the coulour, on the homepage it even looks like a mate paint...

scapewalker

by scapewalker

Too bad i have only seen a white/black supersix in the wild.

Probably the most underwhelming top of the range bike i have ever seen.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Any real life pictures from a systemsix with a slammed standard stem and bar?

I found a lowest spec mechanical ultegra build bike with 55% discount and think about buying it. With those shallow wheels and ugly spacers it looks shit, but i guess deep section wheels and a slammed stem would totally change that.

Kingston

by Kingston

F28CC02F-8B87-4B64-A1E7-D38980E0A6A4.jpeg

EPaRaNoI

by EPaRaNoI

Just a question for @DamonRinard or any other user with similar problem as me...

I´m 1m73 and saddle height at 72cm from BB. I´m not sure what Systemsix frame size fits me better. I´m between 51 and 54.

It looks like both of them are fine in terms of reach and stack for my position but the size 51 has a 71,2º head angle vs a common 73º for the rest of the sizes. Also fork rake is different (5,5cm for size 51 vs 4,5 for the rest of the sizes).

How that difference in HTA and fork rake can affect my riding ?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

EPaRaNoI wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:35 pm
Just a question for @DamonRinard or any other user with similar problem as me...

I´m 1m73 and saddle height at 72cm from BB. I´m not sure what Systemsix frame size fits me better. I´m between 51 and 54.

It looks like both of them are fine in terms of reach and stack for my position but the size 51 has a 71,2º head angle vs a common 73º for the rest of the sizes. Also fork rake is different (5,5cm for size 51 vs 4,5 for the rest of the sizes).

But the combination of the head angle and rake mean they have an almost identical trail (that's the distance on the ground between the front tire contact point to the steering axis) so they should feel very similar. It is done to provide a similar handling across all sizes but help avoid toe-overlap on the smaller sizes.

cerro

by cerro

EPaRaNoI wrote:

I'm 174cm, sitting 72,8cm and have tried both, maxing out the seatpost on the 51 and have to use a couple of centimeter spacers to get my desired drop of 10cm. The 51 felt on the small side but it also felt funnier than the 54, more agile in a strange way. Maybe just because it's got a so low top tube. If I would buy one I would get the 54 as it feels more right in size. And in both cases it's a really fast bike :D
/jonas l
http://cerrol.wordpress.com (my cyclingblog)

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

cerro wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:16 pm
EPaRaNoI wrote:

I'm 174cm, sitting 72,8cm and have tried both, maxing out the seatpost on the 51 and have to use a couple of centimeter spacers to get my desired drop of 10cm. The 51 felt on the small side but it also felt funnier than the 54, more agile in a strange way. Maybe just because it's got a so low top tube. If I would buy one I would get the 54 as it feels more right in size. And in both cases it's a really fast bike :D
It's the BMX effect, small bikes, even too small ones, seem more easy to throw around and do silly things on! :mrgreen:

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

I noticed the new SS Evo neo (ebike) is listed with a T47 BB!
Start of a general change over, or specific design need for the electrics?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

CarlosFerreiro wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:22 pm
I noticed the new SS Evo neo (ebike) is listed with a T47 BB!
Start of a general change over, or specific design need for the electrics?
We'll have to see when they release their next non-motorized, high performance bikes... but with a motor and a bike that weighs 11.7kg and more, saving something like 100 grams at the bottom bracket is pointless so T47 does make sense, I doubt it's got something to do with the motor or electrics, especially with the motor being in the rear hub and not the frame/BB.