New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
kgt

by kgt

Agree, this does not look neither aero nor cool.

by Weenie

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

The little pieces of cables under the stem probably cost 0.3 watts? The SystemSix is still more aero than competitors' bikes with completely hidden routing. In real life, you barely notice them unless you look from underneath.

There are slicker 'looking' integrations than what Cannondale has done with the SystemSix but most of the time it's a PITA to live with for maintenance and travelling. It's much easier to work on the SystemSix, say clean or change headset bearings for exemple and also easier to put it in a travel box than most other bikes with fully hidden cables.

moyboy

by moyboy

True, the separate Stem and Handlebar option is good for travelling. Also if you happen to change stems or handlebar lengths it's easier.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Fair enough, but the new scott addict is so sexy. The cables and gaping mouth under the systemsix just disappoints me. As does the garmin mount!!! Is it just my eyes or are they trying to raise it to a terrible aero location?

kgt

by kgt

Now that the new supersix is out I am sure that most riders will prefer riding it over the systemsix.

1415chris

by 1415chris

At least with these exposed cables and their computer mount they are consequent in the overall style. Now top bar section is equally bad looking as what is underneath, or other way round ;)

calleking

by calleking

The new Systemsix looks really good but I can't stand the headunit mount that for no reason at all comes out at the top of the handlebar. Why couldn't they integrate it from below the handlebar instead in order to create a flat and clean look from above. Makes me sad. :)
2018 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Sagan Superstar DA Di2
2016 Focus Mares CX
2016 Grand Canyon AL 8.0

Retired: 2014 Crux Elite, 2017 Cannondale Slate Ultegra, 2016 Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 DI2

Lynet

by Lynet

SystemStem - any plans on releasing longer versions, Damon? I have 140mm -17 degrees on my CAAD12 size 56 and would like to replicate the fit on my new Systemsix. But it seems impossible to do with the current stem options.

Bluechip

by Bluechip

calleking wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:12 am
The new Systemsix looks really good but I can't stand the headunit mount that for no reason at all comes out at the top of the handlebar. Why couldn't they integrate it from below the handlebar instead in order to create a flat and clean look from above. Makes me sad. :)
It seems like a pretty simple lower mount could be made. I am sure someone will come up with something soon. But has Cannondale said anything about why they did it that way? Could their tests have indicated it was actually more aero there? Sometimes aero doesn't correlate to what the eyes perceive as aero.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Bluechip wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:53 pm
It seems like a pretty simple lower mount could be made. I am sure someone will come up with something soon. But has Cannondale said anything about why they did it that way? Could their tests have indicated it was actually more aero there? Sometimes aero doesn't correlate to what the eyes perceive as aero.
Damon Rinard said here that they tested it to be more aero in that position. He didn't supply any data though, and it wasn't included in their whitepaper.

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

Hi Karvalo,

Yes, it's true based on my testing experience. But the relevant wind tunnel data is not mine to share, so that's why it's not in the white paper.

Cheers,
Damon
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

Hi Lynet,

No plans for a longer Knot stem, sorry. Good thing the fork can accept a normal stem as well. :-)

Cheers,
Damon
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

C36

by C36

Karvalo wrote:
Bluechip wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:53 pm
Damon Rinard said here that they tested it to be more aero in that position. He didn't supply any data though, and it wasn't included in their whitepaper.
I can’t remember who posted similar data, that a slightly higher position was better (I recall cervelo or wahoo?)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Cervelo, when the Gen2 S5 handlebar originally meant Garmins had to be mounted on the stem.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

I run an Enve Aero Stem 110mm with the Enve Aero Handlebar and the aero stem comes with different degree options. But I went frame only and then had it build up.

Lynet wrote:SystemStem - any plans on releasing longer versions, Damon? I have 140mm -17 degrees on my CAAD12 size 56 and would like to replicate the fit on my new Systemsix. But it seems impossible to do with the current stem options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
--
IF Crown Jewel TI
IF Crown Jewel Steel
Open New UP
Stinner Ti
Speedvagen
Parlee Z-Zero Disc
Cielo Road Racer
Cervelo P5d
English Cycles 10th Anniv Edition
Cannondale SS Evo Disc