New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Attermann

by Attermann

chiumomo wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:34 am
Just hope it doesn't come with a new BB standard
BB30A+Evo

Slack

by Slack

My bad on the Googling, if you search for the approved frames list it links to a list from 14.09.2017 not the most current.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

Slack wrote:My bad on the Googling, if you search for the approved frames list it links to a list from 14.09.2017 not the most current.
This forum is better than Google! ImageImageImage

wingguy

by wingguy

Slack wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:39 am
My bad on the Googling, if you search for the approved frames list it links to a list from 14.09.2017 not the most current.
Google the UCI equipment page first and take the link from there, it’s always up to date.

forardun

by forardun

TonyM wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:15 pm
Yep! Young brands (compared to Bianchi, Colnago, Pinarello,...) try to establish a stronger awareness on a specific model linked to the history. See Specialized with the Allez etc....
i think the equity of a model name is hugely overrated. brand name yes, model name no. an aero cannondale is going to generate buzz and excitement whether they call it systemsix six13 or sr2000

wingguy

by wingguy

It makes sense to bring back the SystemSix name for this model - Cannondale are big on pushing their ‘System Integration’ parts anyway, and if this is an aero bike with hidden cables and integrated bar/stem arrangement it will be the most systemified of all their road bikes to date.

Broady

by Broady

I heard it's going to be like a road version of the Super Slice.

Jensa

by Jensa

why not supersix aero as name, i mean after supersix evo, that wouldn't be a surprise

seaneT1

by seaneT1

A new TT bike is always on the way from cannondale, I remember since last year Taylor Phinney talking about it, and about how his move to cannondale was to also help develope it...so if we are super lucky we might see it under Uran at this years Tour or something like that. Let's see what Cannondale has in store for us this year. :)

REGICYCLE

by REGICYCLE

seaneT1 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:30 pm
A new TT bike is always on the way from cannondale
It is listed as a road bike on the UCI approved frames and forks, so its more likely an aero road model

gzon

by gzon

I speculate, based on the name, that it is a triathlon bike. The word "system" draws my thoughts towards hydration and storage solutions. So I guess a triathlon oriented bike with removable storage parts that are also aero "fairings". Removable so that the bike can double up as a UCI approved TT bike. Scott and Canyon already have this type of solution.

That being said it would be more interesting if it is a road frame.

jlok

by jlok

UCI approval list states RD as discipline.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

wingguy

by wingguy

gzon wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:45 am
I speculate, based on the name, that it is a triathlon bike.
It isn't. Their new Superslice TT / tri bike is finally going to be released this year. They sure as hell don't have a second one ready to go, especially not a seperate Tri specific design since that wouldn't need UCI certification anyway. Second, 'Six' is their name for carbon road race bikes, not TT bikes. Third, it's on the UCI frame list as a road bke.

seaneT1

by seaneT1

For sure the systemsix is a road bike, I mentioned the new TT bike because I believe those two will look alike, probably the development of the new TT will heavilly affect the development of an aero road bike.

TonyM

by TonyM

Definitely a road frame - as it was approved from the UCI as such.
Triathlon bike is another story....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com