New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

madik

by madik

mrlobber wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:30 am
Cannondale does look a little weird for 2019... either it's all-in on Systemsix with the thought that this is going to be the bulk of all sales, or something else, I don't know.
In SS Evo, you see only 2 Disc models, and both Ultegra, neither Di2 nor Etap HRD, while a ton of rim brake models remain, which is nice, of course, but leaves you head scracthing how the model lines are going to be developed / maintained in the future (especially mentioning the Superslice disc-only approach).

Damon, are we in for an upgrade on SS Evo in 2019? ;)
I would assume they will have a new SuperSix model next year. This year was SystemSix and previous year Synapse so its about time to make a new SuperSix. I would expect very similar geometry and overall shape of the bike very similar to the current one. But with some aerotube shapes but not as deep as on SystemSix (like BMC team machine). So every round tubes will be swapped but without the depth to make the bike heavier. Which will be important for Cannondale to target the same weight as curretn High Mod. Iam sure disc and rim brakes version will be available. Fully internal cable routing will carry on from Systemsix. And maybe even the handlebars and Knot wheels (but maybe with shallower rims and for disc only bikes).
Thats what my crystal bulb told me. We will see :]
Functionality > Performance > Weight

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

mrlobber wrote:
Damon, are we in for an upgrade on SS Evo in 2019? ;)
"I can neither confirm nor deny..."
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Confirmed!

(I have no idea.)

pmdd72

by pmdd72

Damon,

The white paper highlights the aero gains over the Madone, Venge, etc, but what I'd be really curious to see is how it compares to Vroomen's 3T Strada. Since your both ex-Cervelo...I'm sure I'm not the only one curious!

Hexsense

by Hexsense

mrlobber wrote:
In SS Evo, you see only 2 Disc models, and both Ultegra, neither Di2 nor Etap HRD, while a ton of rim brake models remain, which is nice, of course, but leaves you head scracthing how the model lines are going to be developed / maintained in the future (especially mentioning the Superslice disc-only approach).
It kinda make sense that SS Evo is mainly for rim brake, right?
People who pick SS Evo over SystemSix care more about weight than aero or overall speed. Even its tube shape are more classic, traditionalist.

Disc brake are heavier and not classic. People who embrace disc brake might as well embrace SystemSix's superior overall speed in most condition.

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

Hi pmdd72,

That would indeed be an interesting comparison!

Cheers,
Damon
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

bikesrdangerousmmk

by bikesrdangerousmmk

DamonRinard wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:50 pm
Hi pmdd72,

That would indeed be an interesting comparison!

Cheers,
Damon
The 3t is too ugly to go fast.

ScottinFL

by ScottinFL

Starting to come back around to considering the SystemSix given that I've decided all of these new aero bikes are basically the same from a performance standpoint (especially on the flats, as I don't live where there are any mountains to climb). It seems all of these bikes are within a pound of weight, and about +/- 4 watts of power savings at 40 kmh. So, I'm getting back to just picking based on what looks good, the brands I like, and where the deals are. I loved my SS Hi-Mod, and I think the C'dale looks pretty good (and certainly has better paint choices than Spec or BMC).

But why the lack of real world reviews on Youtube? Can anyone talk about the comfort?

That seat post looks especially unforgiving. No Isospeed for sure, but what do owners have to say?

refthimos

by refthimos

ScottinFL wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:36 pm

But why the lack of real world reviews on Youtube? Can anyone talk about the comfort?

That seat post looks especially unforgiving. No Isospeed for sure, but what do owners have to say?
My guess is that you aren't seeing a lot of real-world, i.e. "normal consumer," reviews of the bike because there aren't that many out in the wild. They seem to be trickling, rather than rushing, into the shops.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

wingguy

by wingguy

ScottinFL wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:36 pm

I think barely any real world Youtube users will have one yet!

I did two or three hundred miles on a demo and was surprised at how smooth it was. You still feel the bumps but it mutes them very well, to the point where I think it had better sprinting traction on rough surfaces than anything else I've ridden. I can't directly compare to new Isospeed, though I'd imagine that's going to be comfier on really big hits, but the 'Save' chainstays are definitely doing something.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

wingguy wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:32 pm
I did two or three hundred miles on a demo and was surprised at how smooth it was. You still feel the bumps but it mutes them very well, to the point where I think it had better sprinting traction on rough surfaces than anything else I've ridden. I can't directly compare to new Isospeed, though I'd imagine that's going to be comfier on really big hits, but the 'Save' chainstays are definitely doing something.
I don't know what kind of "magic" Cannondale puts in there, but I can say the same on the SS Evo - I still remember its smoothness, no other bike I've tried comes close (except AX Vial Evo, but still not completely there, and I haven't ridden titanium). Treks 1st gen Isospeed, which I've done several thousand kilometers on, also doesn't cut it.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

mr2scott

by mr2scott

I just got the Black and Acid Stawberry Dura-Ace bike in 51cm. It's the best color.
Took off levers and derailleurs and installed ultegra di2
Removed the P2M and put on a stages (I already have 3 of them)
Installed my ALM saddle
Installed speedplay stainless zero pedals
Installed Vittoria Corsa Speed 25c tires set up tubeless with 2oz of stans in each.

Have a 110mm stem off a GT grade sitting on it and a Cannondale C3 bar 40cm and no bar tape , just for sizing until my Vision 6D bar shows up next week.

16 pounds 15 oz as it sits.

wingguy

by wingguy

gwilson

by gwilson

Loving my Systemsix so far, but does anyone know if it will work with a standard thru axle trainer adapter (specifically this one). Not sure if the speed release frame set up will allow it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com