New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DVR

by DVR

I am very interested in buying a SystemSix but so far it is a no.
Need zero set back seat post (coming?) but why is there no choice in color?

If you want etap you have to accept silver/gold, want dura ace di2? Mat black.

Why do you want to make a new top of the line bike such a boring proposition?!

No choice is not possible anymore since the competition does.
I can't understand Cannondale doesn't realize it is losing a lot of sales to other brands just because of color.
Cannondale SuperSix EVO HM eTap
Cannondale SuperSix EVO HM Disc Ultegra
Cannondale SystemSix eTap AXS
Colnago C60 eTap
Pinarello Dogma F8 eTap

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Yes, the current color lineup really cheapens the look of the brand. It makes you feel like you looking at some cheap bike from from Home Depot.

It was never on my radar due to the color design, and only because I found a purple metallic version frame only, that I then I bought one, and choose my own components. And I don’t regret it, as it feels like a fast bike.

DVR wrote:I am very interested in buying a SystemSix but so far it is a no.

I can't understand Cannondale doesn't realize it is losing a lot of sales to other brands just because of color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kingston

by Kingston

Toby wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:10 pm
DamonRinard wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:38 am
Toby wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:53 am
Hi Damon,

My wife just got a SystemSix but is a bit stretched out, even on the 47. Can you please let me know what the status of the zero-offset seatpost is? Thanks!
Hi Toby,

Congrats to your wife on her new bike!

I'll check when I'm back in the office Monday. But I believe your Cannondale dealer should have direct visibility to that information even now, through their B2B website. Give them a call?

Cheers,
Damon
They may; I'll check when they open. She had asked me to move the seat forward for today's ride and there's not much room on the standard seatpost, so I did a Google search and this thread came up. With nothing about it under "seatposts" on the Cannondale site I wanted to see if it was even still coming. Glad to hear it is, and I'll look forward to your response as well. Thank you, and thank you for the prompt response even super-early on a Saturday! Happy riding.
@Toby, did you find out wether a zero-offset seatpost i available?
If you did, do you know the length if it?

Kingston

by Kingston

DamonRinard wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:29 pm
Kingston wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:02 pm
Any plans of offering a seatpost with no setback?
Hi Kingston,

Yes.

- The original Knot post has about 25 mm of setback.
- This year we're producing a Knot seatpost with around 15 mm of setback; you might have seen photos showing SystemSix bikes built with the new SRAM eTap group with that post installed.
- Now we're considering a third Knot post with 0 mm of setback, and gauging the need as we speak. Should we consider your message a vote in favor?

Cheers,
Damon
I just had my LBS ask the european distributor about a zero setback seatpost, and the answer was that they don’t have.
Is it available elsewhere?

by 573

alexneumuller wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:02 pm
That looks great. I think I need one of these purple frames....

MagicShite

by MagicShite

Kingston wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:58 pm
DamonRinard wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:29 pm
Kingston wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:02 pm
Any plans of offering a seatpost with no setback?
Hi Kingston,

Yes.

- The original Knot post has about 25 mm of setback.
- This year we're producing a Knot seatpost with around 15 mm of setback; you might have seen photos showing SystemSix bikes built with the new SRAM eTap group with that post installed.
- Now we're considering a third Knot post with 0 mm of setback, and gauging the need as we speak. Should we consider your message a vote in favor?

Cheers,
Damon
I just had my LBS ask the european distributor about a zero setback seatpost, and the answer was that they don’t have.
Is it available elsewhere?
I have a mate literally wouldn't get a bike without a zero offset.

He really likes the systemsix but won't get it simply because there isn't a zero offset seatpost available.

(this sucks seriously)

At least designed it so that you can flip the clamp or something. Having this "fixed" offset is really dated tech for what seemed to be a modern/latest aero disc bike.

TLN

by TLN

just curious, why do I want that zero offset? I understand that it's for fit purposes, and gives more flexibility, but where it's "needed"? smaller frame for taller rider? Or vise versa? Or it allows more aggressive position?
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

TLN wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:27 pm
just curious, why do I want that zero offset? I understand that it's for fit purposes, and gives more flexibility, but where it's "needed"? smaller frame for taller rider? Or vise versa? Or it allows more aggressive position?
Taller people on smaller frames would usually be fine with more setback, no setback or at least a smaller setback is better for the opposite but also to get a more forward, aggressive position paired with a longer stem or if you have a short torso, or for some, just to achieve a proper saddle to BB setback... Not all saddles have the same range of adjustment in their rails so it might not be as critical for everyone.

Personally I think 15mm would be the better stock option, then have 25 and 0 as aftermarket options for those who need to go to futher extremes.

TLN

by TLN

Dan Gerous wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:51 pm
Taller people on smaller frames would usually be fine with more setback, no setback or at least a smaller setback is better for the opposite but also to get a more forward, aggressive position paired with a longer stem or if you have a short torso, or for some, just to achieve a proper saddle to BB setback... Not all saddles have the same range of adjustment in their rails so it might not be as critical for everyone.

Personally I think 15mm would be the better stock option like the SAVE post that comes with Evos, then have 25 and 0 as aftermarket options.
Thanks, that confirmed my thoughts. I'm 6"4, 61cm spesh, now 58cm systemsix, 120-130 stems.. Tried zero offset on tarmac - decided to go back to normal(20 or 25mm), I felt way too forward.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

MagicShite wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:09 pm

I have a mate literally wouldn't get a bike without a zero offset.

He really likes the systemsix but won't get it simply because there isn't a zero offset seatpost available.

This is the reasonable action to take. Don’t buy a bike that doesn’t fit. This is also while I shook my head at the poster who bought a SystemSix for his wife that doesn’t fit without a zero setback post. I don’t care if she’s sponsored or something. Saddle position isn’t something you mess around with.

stang1

by stang1

Anyone here can point me in the direction of which handlebars EF are using?

I’m aware it’s the Vision Metrons. Pics are resembling of a Vision Metron 5D as the 6D has some cut out pattern around the bends.

Looking for abit more confirmation prior to buying these handlebars.

mr2scott

by mr2scott

They are using the 5D. I got a 6D for mine, FSA/Vision said the 6D was more aero.

stang1

by stang1

mr2scott wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:53 am
They are using the 5D. I got a 6D for mine, FSA/Vision said the 6D was more aero.
Many thanks.

DVR

by DVR

DVR wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:53 pm
I am very interested in buying a SystemSix but so far it is a no.

Quoting myself :)
The bike kept seducing me and today I gave in and ordered.
Considering doing a custom paint job in the future..
And the 15mm setback seatpost should probably be ok.
Cannondale SuperSix EVO HM eTap
Cannondale SuperSix EVO HM Disc Ultegra
Cannondale SystemSix eTap AXS
Colnago C60 eTap
Pinarello Dogma F8 eTap

refthimos

by refthimos

Copying my post from the Facebook SystemSix Group, in case this info is helpful in understanding the setback on the SystemSix seatpost:

"New bikes are being spec'd with the "less setback" post.

My position requires 86mm setback (BB centerline to tip of Pro Stealth saddle).

On my 56cm 2015 SuperSix, I was right around the middle of the saddle rails with a 20mm or 25mm setback post.

With the original SystemSix seapost (~40mm setback), I had to move the saddle all the way forward on the rails to get to my position.

With the new "less setback" post, the saddle on my SystemSix is close to the center of the rails, so I would say that the current "less setback" SystemSix seatpost will get you to roughly the same place you would be on a SuperSix with a "standard" 20-25mm setback post.

Now, if you need a zero setback post on a SuperSix, you might have trouble getting that far forward on the SystemSix, even with the current "less setback" seatpost."
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com