New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Dan Gerous wrote:
refthimos wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:19 am
Why the swap from the KNOT64 wheels?
This colorway (really nice by the way!) is only available as a frameset so, no Knot wheels to be swapped in the first place.
What he said. + how good does it look with the zipps!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Slowhands

by Slowhands

More of a general integrated stem/fork cabling question here, but how's everyone here managing putting the bike into a bag for flights?

I may pull the trigger on a SystemSix in 2019, but there's no way this is going to work with my current bag as I have to remove the fork — but the cabling through the steerer tube may mean that most other bags are out of the question. Is something like the Scicon Aerocomfort (where it's packed with the stem and bars in place) the only option? Or am I worrying too much?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

timmerrr

by timmerrr

Dan Gerous wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:24 am
This colorway (really nice by the way!) is only available as a frameset so, no Knot wheels to be swapped in the first place.
I think the bike looks infinitely better on the zipps than it does on the stock wheels.
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Stitchking wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:19 am
Di2 with Sram Centerline X rotor?

@Damon, any test or observation of aero between deep section but filled with wide fan blade and four spoke alloy arm Dura-ace/Ultegra rotor compare to slimmer profile Sram Centerline X rotor?
I see that you paid some attention to tire choice and aero but would like to see if vastly different disc rotor design effect aero too.

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

Hexsense wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:35 pm
@Damon, any test or observation of aero between deep section but filled with wide fan blade and four spoke alloy arm Dura-ace/Ultegra rotor compare to slimmer profile Sram Centerline X rotor?
I see that you paid some attention to tire choice and aero but would like to see if vastly different disc rotor design effect aero too.
Hi Hexsense,

No, we only measured drag with and without rotors. IIRC, rotors are about 3 Watts (at 40-45 km/h) so differences between different rotor designs are likely to be too small to measure reliably.

I don't have a feel for it, but, like disc wheels and disc chain rings, maybe a filled rotor could even improve drag...?

Cheers,
Damon
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Hexsense wrote:
Stitchking wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:19 am
Di2 with Sram Centerline X rotor?

Lightest rotors without going carbonti are centreline x, this is weightweenies right?

tinozee

by tinozee

Does anyone kow if there will be an EVO model for 2019 with thru axle disc? I mean not this aero deal, the regular Evo.

Stitchking

by Stitchking

tinozee wrote:Does anyone kow if there will be an EVO model for 2019 with thru axle disc? I mean not this aero deal, the regular Evo.
Pretty sure its up on their website now mate. Not a new frame, still qr rear. My theory is that it will go the same way as the izalco max for 2020 model year. Dropped stays, through axle, and a little more aero, still "classic" lines though.

tinozee

by tinozee

Tx, I think I saw that but assumed they'd have TA rear by now. I think Izalco max got it starting in 2016. II've spent about a month looking at frames and not convinced anything can beat the Evo himod still, looks and feel wise. Might just paint mine and stay with rim brakes. For the record I do like this new supersix too, and sorry to detract from the subject.

tinozee

by tinozee

Sorry if I've missed it but what size is that one above posted by Stitchking? It looks great in the smaller size with the 404s.

Stitchking

by Stitchking

tinozee wrote:Sorry if I've missed it but what size is that one above posted by Stitchking? It looks great in the smaller size with the 404s.
Its a 54, not too small. I think they have the most hideous spacer design which makes the headtubes look way bigger than they actually are.

tinozee

by tinozee

Yeah a lot of these modern aero designs have those gross wide spacers and integrated bar/stem. Thankfully 58 in cannondale fits like a glove and I can have 130mm stem slammed with just a flat cap. Still I wonder if the 58 HT looks like a lysol can.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Stitchking wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:38 pm

Lightest rotors without going carbonti are centreline x, this is weightweenies right?

Centerline X are also less temperamental, more consistently quiet than other rotors I've tried. I'd do the same.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gwilson

by gwilson

I haven't seen many reviews out since the initial "first impression" articles at launch, but just ran into this shorter review of the base model (ultegra/no carbon rims) and have to say I agree with a lot of it. Haven't been able to ride enough as the weather has gotten worse to give a permanent long term review, but here are a few thoughts now that I have about 2000km on it. Definitely has that crazy fast feel on flats/downhills that makes you question if your garmin speed is accurate, and doesn't feel sluggish uphill. Where I live there aren't many long/steep climbs, so the fact that this bike allows me to hit the base of a climb with more speed and carry it further has allowed me to beat most PRs I set on my old climbing bike (Trek Emonda). The feeling of sprinting in the drops (especially out of the saddle) is truly amazing, stiff in all the right places. Riding with 64mm wheels took some getting used to, but other than the windiest days of the year I don't really feel much concern on it anymore after the initial adjustment period. Only downside I would really give so far is that the front end is a little on the harsh side, but hey it's a performance aero bike, not an endurance bike. I ride it with 25mm GP4000SIIs at 100 psi (I weight 82kg) so would be interested if lower tire pressure (maybe tubeless) or 28mm tires would make it noticably more comfortable. Right now I haven't made any change to the stock setup other than the stem of my choice, but am considering buying a Stages Dura-Ace crank. Might add a few more grams than the Hollowgram/spiderings, but I love the look of Dura-Ace 9100 and its hard to beat the performance.