New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TriJoeri

by TriJoeri

danridesbikes wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:35 pm

Which leverless thru axles are those?

robeambro

by robeambro

TriJoeri wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:33 am
danridesbikes wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:35 pm

Which leverless thru axles are those?
He's literally written that in the post - Robert Axle Project

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Unniti

by Unniti

Has anyone seen one of these done with EPS(v4)? From what I can tell the frame doesn't come with downtube plate that fits the v4 EPS interface but you could always do either the external or in handlebar. And it shouldn't be too hard to either 3D print or make a compatible plate from a sheet of carbon if one really wanted the internal interface in frame. So it mostly comes down to there being enough room for the slightly larger EPS connectors.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

When do you expect the Sy6 to be updated? The Madone (which released alongside the Dale) is getting a facelift in a week from now. The Cannondale is still the maximum in terms of aerodynamics but could probably improve in terms of weight, handling and comfort (according to what I heard). Maybe there are rumors already?
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

woodyvalentine

by woodyvalentine

-Likely model year 2022 or 2023.
-4/5 year product life cycle.
-Was originally spotted early/mid 2018 and available mid/late 2018, so maybe next summer launch.
-The Asian MY 2021 catalogue has the systemsix as unchanged except for colours and build options.
-Depends if COVID delays things further.
-They need to re-design the cockpit.
(No front gap. No heavy stem. No heavy bars. Lower GPS mount).
-They could even come out with a new cockpit for this right now and leave the front hole gap and still improve it. (1 piece or just stem for regular clamp)
-They could potentially lighten the seatpost a smidge.
-Fix the deraileur hanger placement (put on inside of chain stay).
-Threaded BB.
-Lighter carbon layup.

LukiP

by LukiP

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:54 pm
The Madone (which released alongside the Dale) is getting a facelift in a week from now.
Where did you get that info? Facelift you mean OCLV 800 and T47 or not even that?

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

LukiP wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:53 pm
FlatlandClimber wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:54 pm
The Madone (which released alongside the Dale) is getting a facelift in a week from now.
Where did you get that info? Facelift you mean OCLV 800 and T47 or not even that?
From my LBS. OCLV 800 and T47 yes. Maybe a pair of new Bontragers, likely a new stem/bar. The first two are confirmed, the rest is rumors. Of course we all hope it sheds some fat (maybe IsoSpeed is no more). Public release likely around 1st of August, then we know what's up.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

LukiP

by LukiP

Great info for me.
Thanks a lot!

Btw. I'm fresh here and see a lot of "lbs". That is local bike shop, right?

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

LukiP wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:16 pm
Great info for me.
Thanks a lot!

:welcome:
That is correct. Lbs in terms of pounds is prohibited here. Only metric (just joshin', but kilos are preferred).
If you want "official confirmation" for the Madone, try and configure the Madone through Project one on Trek's website.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

LukiP

by LukiP

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:27 pm
LukiP wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:16 pm
Great info for me.
Thanks a lot!

:welcome:
That is correct. Lbs in terms of pounds is prohibited here. Only metric (just joshin', but kilos are preferred).
If you want "official confirmation" for the Madone, try and configure the Madone through Project one on Trek's website.
Haha I'm from Europe and it's no UK so kilos are also preferred for me :)

I've tried to do it (Project One) yesterday and Madone is not on the list of bikes. And in shop there is no SLR versions as well.
So if they put T47 I think finally I've found my next bike. After Spesh finished with Venge. BMC Timemachine R01 and Look 795 Blade RS is still in the game but Madone looks for me the best.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

The Madone needs an update more than the SystemSix IMO as it's quite average as far as aero goes but it's also one of the heaviest on the market... but it looks good and feels like a couch (that's relative of course) and it still sells very well so I think the Madone update will be minor, new carbon recipe and T47 but same frame molds... They could use the cockpit from the Émonda to drop more weight maybe and yes, use refreshed wheels.

The SystemSix is indeed unchanged for next year but it's still the fastest and while it doesn't match the comfort of the Madone (expected with Isospeed suspension), it's still more comfortable than most aero bikes, surprisingly so given its tube shapes and deep seatpost. It's a bit heavy but not as much as the Madone and swap the KNØT cockpit for a normal stem and a lightish aero bars like Pro Vibe Aero Superlights and it's competitive weight wise without losing much of it's aero advantage.

Here's one of the 2021 SystemSix colorway.
Attachments
2021+Cannondale+SystemSix+Carbon+Ultegra_Red1.jpg
2021+Cannondale+SystemSix+Carbon+Ultegra_Red2.jpg

tickyboy

by tickyboy

Dan Gerous wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:45 pm
The Madone needs an update more than the SystemSix IMO as it's quite average as far as aero goes but it's also one of the heaviest on the market... but it looks good and feels like a couch (that's relative of course) and it still sells very well so I think the Madone update will be minor, new carbon recipe and T47 but same frame molds... They could use the cockpit from the Émonda to drop more weight maybe and yes, use refreshed wheels.

The SystemSix is indeed unchanged for next year but it's still the fastest and while it doesn't match the comfort of the Madone (expected with Isospeed suspension), it's still more comfortable than most aero bikes, surprisingly so given its tube shapes and deep seatpost. It's a bit heavy but not as much as the Madone and swap the KNØT cockpit for a normal stem and a lightish aero bars like Pro Vibe Aero Superlights and it's competitive weight wise without losing much of it's aero advantage.

Here's one of the 2021 SystemSix colorway.
Looks like the Ultegra model gets the Knot stem/handlebar for 2021.

req110

by req110

My systemsix hi-mod 2019 56cm frameset is still available, PM me if you are interested.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Cannondale really couldn’t figure out how to internally route those shift cables?

TriJoeri

by TriJoeri

After about 1000-1500km, my BB started creaking. I've taken basically everything apart and cleaned and regreased it and so on. Thru axles, bottle cages, pedals, seat post, crank,.. But it always comes back. The sound stops when I stop pedalling, so it must be in the drive line. Checked wheel bearings and replaced them, checked the freehub and so on. It's definitely the BB..

Took it apart again yesterday (after 3500km) to see quite a bit of fretting on the crank axle where both bearings sit. I regreased everything for now but I'm better off buying a (one piece) aftermarket BB and a new crankset soon and replace the whole thing. I bought the bike brand new last September so it's a shame it's worn rather quickly. I guess none of this falls under their warranty?

What would you guys recommend? C-bear is located nearby so I could go for their PF30a-24-R bottom bracket which they clame is creak-free. Or is a BBInfinite/Hambini one piece really the only thing I should be looking at, in combination with whatever crank I want?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com