New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cycloholic

by Cycloholic

Thank you!!! All Red 1x are 45mm right?

Cycloholic

by Cycloholic

Thanks for your reply!
Can you help me identify the correct one?
What the hell is road wide?😂

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cycloholic

by Cycloholic

Thanks for your reply!
Attachments
IMG_20201222_123031.jpg

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Cycloholic wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:03 pm
Is this 45mm chainline red crankset right? 50t? It fits without any problem right? Cause i heard it is AI but i dont think so!
It's not AI. So far AI is only an off-road thing for Cannondale.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Cycloholic wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:32 pm
Thanks for your reply!
What is that a chart of, chainsets? I'd assume road wide means road boost, 148 rear spacing. Mostly an e-bike thing.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

road-wide and regular road version are the same bb.
It just come with different spacers to fit "Force Wide" crankset.
if you get regular Sram Red dub or Force dub crank, buy regular pf30a dub version (46 x 73-a).
If it is Force Wide Dub crankset, then you need pf30a wide dub. If you buy wrong version, you can also just get dub spacer set which include a variety of spacers for every combinations.

read more about force wide:
https://bikerumor.com/2020/05/15/sram-f ... de-review/

PrivateAddress

by PrivateAddress

Karvalo wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:31 am
Cycloholic wrote:
Is this 45mm chainline red crankset right? 50t? It fits without any problem right? Cause i heard it is AI but i dont think so!
According to the bottom bracket manufacturer C-Bear, Cannondale's 73 mm wide road PF30a (which is used in SuperSix Evo and SystemSix) IS in fact asymmetric and their PF30a bottom bracket for the SuperSix and SystemSix has different width cups on each side of the shell. The "a" does stand for asymmetric. :D

https://www.c-bear.com/en/products/pf30a

PrivateAddress

by PrivateAddress

Hexsense wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:05 pm
It's not AI dished.
PF30a just need different bottom bracket vs regular pf30.
But chainline and crank is the same.

for DUB, either Sram's official
PF30A-dub (73mm-- road version, not 83mm for mtb)
https://mybikeshop.com/products/sram-du ... -73mm.html
or BBinfinite pf30a-dub or anything else that is for pf30a and dub.
PF30a is asymmetric. 5 mm added on the non-drive side to get to 73 mm. This is why if you check Rotor's spacing chart they tell you which spacers to use on drive side and non-drive side (different widths to compensate for the asymmetric bottom bracket shell) and why C-Bear's pf30a bottom brackets have different width cups on the two sides outside the shell. If you have a pf30a SystemSix (this thread is about SystemSix) and you use the same width spacers or cups on the drive side and non-drive side, then your crank is not centered relative to the bike's midline.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

PrivateAddress wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:22 pm
Karvalo wrote:
Cycloholic wrote:
According to the bottom bracket manufacturer C-Bear, Cannondale's 73 mm wide road PF30a (which is used in SuperSix Evo and SystemSix) IS in fact asymmetric and their PF30a bottom bracket for the SuperSix and SystemSix has different width cups on each side of the shell. The "a" does stand for asymmetric. :D

That has nothing to do with what I said or what Cycloholic was asking about. PF/BB30a and AI are two completely different things.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Karvalo wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:32 pm
PrivateAddress wrote:
Karvalo wrote:
Cycloholic wrote:

That has nothing to do with what I said or what Cycloholic was asking about. PF/BB30a and AI are two completely different things.
+1
It's totally different subject.
AI-dished apply to Topstone Carbon and Slate etc. Those dish rear hub 5mm to the right. So, those require chainline 5mm greater (i.e., another extra 5mm spacper on the right side, so crank centerline is 50mm to the right of center line). SystemSix and Supersix is not Ai-dished.

PF30a and bb30a extend bb to the left by 5mm. So we just remove 5mm out of bb spacers or cup width on the left. Crank spacing is still the same, 45mm from center line. I think ProvateAddress is confused, even though we are already clear that Cycloholic should use PF30a bottom bracket (which already take care of this extra 5mm width on the left side), not the symetrical PF30 BB. Then, just use any regular crank/chainring with normal chainline. No extra offset needed because it is not AI-dished.

PrivateAddress

by PrivateAddress

Hexsense wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:55 pm
Karvalo wrote:
PrivateAddress wrote:
Karvalo wrote:

+1
AI-dished apply to Topstone Carbon and Slate etc. Those dish rear hub 5mm to the right. So, those require chainline 5mm greater (i.e., another extra 5mm spacper on the right side, so crank centerline is 50mm to the right of center line). SystemSix and Supersix is not Ai-dished.

PF30a and bb30a extend bb to the left by 5mm. So we just remove 5mm out of bb spacers or cup width on the left. Crank spacing is still the same, 45mm from center line. I think ProvateAddress is confused.
Neah, I'm just avoiding a bunch of people on here continuing to confuse other people when they keep repeating over and over again things not being asymmetric and that asymmetry is only an off-road thing. The thread is about the SystemSix frame -- the bottom shell of this frame is asymmetric. So you guys are confusing people with this offroad hub stuff that is not about the SystemSix. Glad you clarified it now by explicitly stating that different spacers need to be used on both sides of the SystemSix bottom bracket shell in order to have the crankset centered re to the bike midline and not the shell midline. Thanks for that.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

The thing is, what you said is already taken care of by using PF30a bottom bracket... No one said it is not asymetric. It just isn't AI-dished.
PF30a DUB have clear instruction on the number of spacers needed etc.
Sram PF30 DUB require 3mm spacer on the right side. None on the left.
Sram PF30a DUB also require 3mm spacer on the right side. None on the left.
Same spacer amount, right? Yes, because the DUB bb itself is already 5mm narrower on the left side for PF30a.

Then if are talking about AI-idshed, then that's another headache which thankfully we don't have to deal with on Systemsix and Supersix.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

PrivateAddress wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:07 pm
Hexsense wrote:
Karvalo wrote:
PrivateAddress wrote:

+1

PF30a and bb30a extend bb to the left by 5mm. So we just remove 5mm out of bb spacers or cup width on the left. Crank spacing is still the same, 45mm from center line. I think ProvateAddress is confused.
Neah, I'm just avoiding a bunch of people on here continuing to confuse other people when they keep repeating over and over again things not being asymmetric and that asymmetry is only an off-road thing.
No, you are again wrong. I said AI is an offroad thing. AI is an offroad thing. No-one who is even vaguely aware of what AI is would think that saying AI is only an off road thing means all asymmetry is an offroad only thing.
So you guys are confusing people with this offroad hub stuff that is not about the SystemSix.
Someone specifically asked if he needed an AI offset chainring for the SystemSix. The correct, accurate and in no possible way confusing answer is that no, you do not need an AI offset chainring for the SystemSix because it is not an AI offset bike, AI is currently only an offroad thing.

That you are now continuingly talking about the bottom bracket standard as if it is in any way relevant to that conversation is both confusing and completely unnecessary.

PrivateAddress

by PrivateAddress

Karvalo wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:21 pm
PrivateAddress wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:07 pm
Hexsense wrote:
Karvalo wrote:

+1

Neah, I'm just avoiding a bunch of people on here continuing to confuse other people when they keep repeating over and over again things not being asymmetric and that asymmetry is only an off-road thing.
No, you are again wrong. I said AI is an offroad thing. AI is an offroad thing. No-one who is even vaguely aware of what AI is would think that saying AI is only an off road thing means all asymmetry is an offroad only thing.
So you guys are confusing people with this offroad hub stuff that is not about the SystemSix.
Someone specifically asked if he needed an AI offset chainring for the SystemSix. The correct, accurate and in no possible way confusing answer is that no, you do not need an AI offset chainring for the SystemSix because it is not an AI offset bike, AI is currently only an offroad thing.

That you are now continuingly talking about the bottom bracket standard as if it is in any way relevant to that conversation is both confusing and completely unnecessary.
Okay, dude, sorry that you are so triggered now. Hope you have a good new year and feel relaxed afterward. :beerchug:

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Oh my days. Dude, you made a mistake, it's not the end of the world. You can simply admit you didn't know what AI meant and no-one will think the worse of you for it. Trying to cover it up with this passive aggressive crap is just sad.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com