New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Finished Build, and quick picture. Still needs different thru-axles. Not light, but aero with weight at 7,84kg in a Size 56. But just from cycling it home it felt very lively and fast. Will try more tomorrow.

dricked wrote:Very nice! That’s a great looking bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Toby

by Toby

DamonRinard wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:00 pm
pjaren wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:42 pm
Hi Damon--

First, thanks for being here and answering questions from random Internet people. And congratulations on a massive three-year engineering feat with a ton of thought to details! My detail questions:

--Does the seatpost have a zero-setback option? Even with the steep seat angle, my own weird biomechanics may not work with so much setback -- this is of course just me, a random Internet person.
--Would you happen to know the reach and drop of the bar, and the angle of the stem? And would they be available aftermarket, even if just as an upgrade to the standard modulus models? (Assuming electronic shifting.)

Cheers!
Hi pjaren,

My pleasure.

- Anticipating your fit needs, we're just starting a project for a zero offset seatpost (or close to zero) but it doesn't yet have a delivery date.
- Stem angle is horizontal to the ground.
- Bar reach & drop are typical of many compact handlebars. I'm not in the office, but from memory about 75-80mm of reach & about 125-130mm of drop. The curve of handlebar drops in general has matured quite a bit over the last years, so we didn't do anything radical here, should feel very familiar to most riders. The cross section in the drops has a nice anatomical flat on top to reduce hand pressure.
- Stems and bars will be available for purchase aftermarket, either for upgrading or for swapping out during a bike fitting session. This is one of the benefits of a two-piece bar and stem over a one-piece barstem. And the bar & stem work with both mechanical and electric shift systems.

Cheers,
Damon
Hi Damon,

My wife just got a SystemSix but is a bit stretched out, even on the 47. Can you please let me know what the status of the zero-offset seatpost is? Thanks!

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

Toby wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:53 am
Hi Damon,

My wife just got a SystemSix but is a bit stretched out, even on the 47. Can you please let me know what the status of the zero-offset seatpost is? Thanks!
Hi Toby,

Congrats to your wife on her new bike!

I'll check when I'm back in the office Monday. But I believe your Cannondale dealer should have direct visibility to that information even now, through their B2B website. Give them a call?

Cheers,
Damon
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

Toby

by Toby

DamonRinard wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:38 am
Toby wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:53 am
Hi Damon,

Hi Toby,

Congrats to your wife on her new bike!

I'll check when I'm back in the office Monday. But I believe your Cannondale dealer should have direct visibility to that information even now, through their B2B website. Give them a call?

Cheers,
Damon
They may; I'll check when they open. She had asked me to move the seat forward for today's ride and there's not much room on the standard seatpost, so I did a Google search and this thread came up. With nothing about it under "seatposts" on the Cannondale site I wanted to see if it was even still coming. Glad to hear it is, and I'll look forward to your response as well. Thank you, and thank you for the prompt response even super-early on a Saturday! Happy riding.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

You really shouldn’t be messing with saddle position if a bike feels stretched out. Your wife probably needs a shorter (possibly taller) bar/stem combo or a smaller/different bike.

Toby

by Toby

I really need to remember to give less detail rather than more. Suffice to say, rotating forward is the way we're going on this bike, per her desires and coversations with her coach, and a different bike is a complete non-starter.

Damon, the dealer said the seatpost isn't showing on the backend site, but he'll call Monday. Thanks again!

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Correct, because the stretched out part was irrelevant.

I’m still questioning the choice of a SystemSix when a zero-offset post wasn’t guaranteed to be available.

mitchmarket

by mitchmarket

I got a chance to ride on of these last week with etap and Zipp wheels. Fastest bike I have EVER put a leg over. Ran like a scared cat on holloween! I have official bike envy!

moonoi

by moonoi

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:06 am
carbonLORD wrote:Watch out with those tirtes though.

https://roadbikeaction.com/beware-tire- ... -models-2/
Why, turbo cotton arent on the "bad" list
Maybe they aren't on the bad list, but I had a similar failure as described in the article last year although it was replaced under warranty
moonoi wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:02 pm
I had a similar failure with an S-Works Turbo Cotton "Hell of the North" tyre, just let go 25km in to a 110km ride, patched it up with a 20 baht note and went back to the car. Tyres were 6 months old and used for approx 1000km, replaced by the distributor under warranty. Although I did then swap it for a normal S-Works Turbo, since I now have a trust issue with the cottons. This is on a disc brake wheel as well.Image

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

That's happend to me too. Super fast and plush tyres, but scary with the failures.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

Karvalo

by Karvalo

moonoi wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:12 am
Nefarious86 wrote:

Maybe they aren't on the bad list, but I had a similar failure as described in the article last year although it was replaced under warranty
I think Enve have simply forgotten to include, or not gotten around to testing, certain tyres. At the top of the press release is a general prohibition on using any natural sidewall tyres with non-vulcanised construction.

The list is clearly not exhaustive, as it fails to mention as either recommended or not recommended several other brands of tyre with similar construction type to Corsa / Challenge.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

I ride the Super Cotton ones on a set of Enve 3.4 Clinchers and on a set of Enve 5.6 Clinchers, and have had no problems

Karvalo wrote:
moonoi wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:12 am
Nefarious86 wrote:

I think Enve have simply forgotten to include, or not gotten around to testing, certain tyres. At the top of the press release is a general prohibition on using any natural sidewall tyres with non-vulcanised construction.

The list is clearly not exhaustive, as it fails to mention as either recommended or not recommended several other brands of tyre with similar construction type to Corsa / Challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

Karvalo

by Karvalo

alexneumuller wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:34 am
I ride the Super Cotton ones on a set of Enve 3.4 Clinchers and on a set of Enve 5.6 Clinchers, and have had no problems
And I have ridden/know lots of people who ride Corsas on Enve and have had no problems. Doesn't mean they aren't more prone to problems than synthetic vulcanised clinchers.

Anecdote is not data.

Campervan

by Campervan

I was looking at possibly getting one of the ladies Systemsix's (47) for the GF, however it is not avaialble in di2 which for her is a must for her next bike. For £6500 i'd expect di2.
BMC Granfondo 02 105
Scott Scale 940
Boardman CXR 9.4 cxr CX/gravel mongrel
Btwin 540
Specialized Venge Pro Disc

Toby

by Toby

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:19 am
Correct, because the stretched out part was irrelevant.

I’m still questioning the choice of a SystemSix when a zero-offset post wasn’t guaranteed to be available.
Feel free to not worry yourself about my wife's bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com