New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Svetty

by Svetty

gwilson wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:16 pm
Only downside I would really give so far is that the front end is a little on the harsh side, but hey it's a performance aero bike, not an endurance bike. I ride it with 25mm GP4000SIIs at 100 psi (I weight 82kg) so would be interested if lower tire pressure (maybe tubeless)
I'd not put more than 80-85 psi in the front tyre at your weight.....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Agreed, 100psi on the front is high, especially with higher volume tires like the 25mm GP4000sII on a wide rim.

66freddy66

by 66freddy66

Hi all, does anyone know the full spec for the KNOT System handlebar? ie the reach (75/80/85mm?) and the drop (120/125/130mm) and also the degree of the KNOT stem, -17/-8/-6/8? I have a himod frameset on order and have everything i need to build up my dream bike (etap group set, fizik saddle, quarq power meter, 60mm carbon wheels) to go with my Supersix Evo Himod 2016 team bike however ive yet to make my mind up on a cockpit set up.

I ride the supersix evo with a slammed 6degree 130mm long stem and want to get the same reach and stack if possible on the systemsix but the biggest KNOT stem is only 120mm but if its Negative degree and the KNOT Bars are a long reach then i may be ok?

Many Thanks. Freddy

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

The stem is -17° designed to be perfectly horizontal so less in the wind (which is kind of ruined by the poorly design Garmin mount that sticks the computer super high IMO). Didn't Damon post the width/drop/reach specs earlier?

Stitchking

by Stitchking

66freddy66 wrote:Hi all, does anyone know the full spec for the KNOT System handlebar? ie the reach (75/80/85mm?) and the drop (120/125/130mm) and also the degree of the KNOT stem, -17/-8/-6/8? I have a himod frameset on order and have everything i need to build up my dream bike (etap group set, fizik saddle, quarq power meter, 60mm carbon wheels) to go with my Supersix Evo Himod 2016 team bike however ive yet to make my mind up on a cockpit set up.

I ride the supersix evo with a slammed 6degree 130mm long stem and want to get the same reach and stack if possible on the systemsix but the biggest KNOT stem is only 120mm but if its Negative degree and the KNOT Bars are a long reach then i may be ok?

Many Thanks. Freddy
Don't get the knot cockpit its ugly as sin. Might be fast but there is only so much aesthetic you should be willing to give up for speed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

refthimos

by refthimos

EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

66freddy66

by 66freddy66

Stitchking wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:50 pm
66freddy66 wrote:Hi all, does anyone know the full spec for the KNOT System handlebar? ie the reach (75/80/85mm?) and the drop (120/125/130mm) and also the degree of the KNOT stem, -17/-8/-6/8? I have a himod frameset on order and have everything i need to build up my dream bike (etap group set, fizik saddle, quarq power meter, 60mm carbon wheels) to go with my Supersix Evo Himod 2016 team bike however ive yet to make my mind up on a cockpit set up.

Many Thanks. Freddy
Don't get the knot cockpit its ugly as sin. Might be fast but there is only so much aesthetic you should be willing to give up for speed.

any suggestions of what other cockpit set up youd go for? need a 130mm stem and bars no wider than 420mm? Intergrated bar and stem would be nice but open to suggestions on seperate stem (which you can route cables through) and aero bar combo?

Stitchking

by Stitchking

66freddy66 wrote:
Stitchking wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:50 pm

Many Thanks. Freddy

any suggestions of what other cockpit set up youd go for? need a 130mm stem and bars no wider than 420mm? Intergrated bar and stem would be nice but open to suggestions on seperate stem (which you can route cables through) and aero bar combo?
I built one up with the lighweight pro aerobar. The cables were actually really easy to run through the bar and you barely see them to be honest. That an a pro vibe stem is a great combo. Or the new enve aero cockpit looks good too.

Please excuse the photo quality and messy workshop hahaImage

ch00bzs

by ch00bzs

Guys, i was wondering. if you turn your handlebar, a part of the fork, near the lower headtube side, on the crown, there's a gap. If im going to ride in the rain, there's a chance that water will stuck there.. or is there any way to drain the water ?

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

Hi ch00bzs,

The opening is what lets the cables go inside. And yep, water gets in (like it eventually does in other forks anyway) and comes out through the drain holes at the bottom of the fork.

Cheers,
Damon
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

DaiD

by DaiD

Hi Damon,

Thanks for spending the time and energy to answer questions here :thumbup:

Hopefully this is a very quick one to answer - can you flip the seatpost on the System Six, so that the layback is facing forward? I'm selling my current bike [well, hoping to!], and was looking to get a TT bike, but if this allows a very similar position then I'd definitely be interested...!

Thanks again

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

DaiD wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:05 pm
Hi Damon,

Thanks for spending the time and energy to answer questions here :thumbup:

Hopefully this is a very quick one to answer - can you flip the seatpost on the System Six, so that the layback is facing forward? I'm selling my current bike [well, hoping to!], and was looking to get a TT bike, but if this allows a very similar position then I'd definitely be interested...!

Thanks again
Hi DaiD,

Thanks, I'm happy to help!

The seatpost is an important contributor to the low drag of the SystemSix because we gave it a specific airfoil shape. One consequence of that shape is that it's not flippable. Although the SystemSix's low drag makes it seem attractive as a TT bike, most riders will find their best TT position on a TT bike not a road bike.

Cheers,
Damon
Damon Rinard

DaiD

by DaiD

Hi Damon, thanks for your reply. Damn! Hmm, maybe two new bikes then.... :D !

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

DaiD wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:52 pm
Hi Damon, thanks for your reply. Damn! Hmm, maybe two new bikes then.... :D !
Indeed!
N+1, or as they say about hard or soft tacos, "porque no los dos?"
Damon Rinard

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

What are the risks of internally running mechanical shifting wires?