New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spud

by spud

^^chainslap. Install a decent chainstay protector.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cycloholic

by Cycloholic

Hi there, is this normal? Do i have wrong stem?
Attachments
IMG_20210120_173854.jpg

Geraint

by Geraint

Not normal, no. My stem cover matches the spacers perfectly. I think you either have the wrong stem or the wrong cover. Maybe it's a Supersix one? Not sure if they are different

Hexsense

by Hexsense

You put Cannondale Save stem on, rather than Cannondale Knot stem, right?
It still work perfectly, just leaving that kind of gap.

Judging by the amount of spacers,
having that gap is better than switching to Knot stem. Because Knkt stem is -17 degree so your bar will be a lot lower than if you use Save stem.

Geraint

by Geraint

Knot stems are available in -6deg as well.

bet1216

by bet1216

The SAVE stem has a different profile end and is not a big at the back and more for traditional round spacers. I tried to take a picture of it on my Topstone (sorry about the crappy pictures). I have a similar uneven spot on my SystemSix that I know has the -17degree Knot stem. Both bikes are relatively new and I haven't got the spacers finalized yet because I haven't been able to ride outside much at all but it helps for these pictures.
Attachments
IMG_6957.jpg
IMG_6956.jpg
IMG_6958.jpg
IMG_6955.jpg

Cycloholic

by Cycloholic

Well, what i found so far, it is indeed knot -17 but with supersix cover! I need to buy cover seperately, in my case for 100mm -17 is CP2019U1010

Hexsense

by Hexsense

huh, so the cover are cross compatible too?
In this case that Save cover and Knot cover are cross compatible. I think we can just use the one that match the bike, right?
Like, Save cover for Supersix and Knot cover for Systemsix. Regardless of the stem.

bet1216

by bet1216

Hexsense wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:22 pm
huh, so the cover are cross compatible too?
In this case that Save cover and Knot cover are cross compatible. I think we can just use the one that match the bike, right?
Like, Save cover for Supersix and Knot cover for Systemsix. Regardless of the stem.
The SAVE stem cover is not compatible with the Knot stem different stem shape. The Supersix Knot cover and the SystemSix Knot cover fit on both the -17 degree and the -6 degree Knot stem.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

To simplify things, the actual stems are a single model that is available in two different angles, -17° and -6°, they both are KNØT stems, SAVE for the SuperSix Evo refers to the different handlebars, not the stem. There is a SAVE stem but it's something else, a non-integrated stem with the same handlebar interface but without a cover underneath and to be used with regular round headset covers and spacers of any bike, with the cables/hoses exposed. That is what ships on a few Synapse, SuperX and Topstone models.

The -17° is stock on the SystemSix and the -6° on the SuperSix Evo. But, since the two frames have a different headtube shapes (SystemSix is deeper, more 'pointy' while the SuperSix is more blunt, rounder), you need to have the underside cover that matches your frame as well as the matching the stem's angle and length. They make both angles for the SuperSix Evo covers but, as far as I know, only the -17° for the SystemSix, my guess because it's more aero to use an horizontal stem attached higher and in line with the bars than an angled stem attached lower for the same bar height but that's just assumption from my part.

NaturalHigh

by NaturalHigh

Cycloholic wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:02 pm
Hi there, is this normal? Do i have wrong stem?
Nope. Seems like Cannondale ships them with the "wrong" cover for the SystemSix.
I also bought the 120mm -17° stern and it was the same. However the shop was kind enough to send me the right cover for free after they send a new stern with the same problem.

Cycloholic

by Cycloholic

Is there anyone that using those adapters with original BB for shimano crankset?
Attachments
Στιγμιότυπο 2021-01-24, 10.40.14.png

NaturalHigh

by NaturalHigh

Edd11 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:18 am
Hi, What Garmin mount do you use?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Ordered the Raceware one but since it still didn't arrive after 2 weeks I printed my own.
04.png
05.png

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

Sorry for the basic question everyone but I scoured the first 40 pages with no success and my eyes may fall out...

What weight can I expect for a standard mod frame?
Cannondale SSEvo3 'Atticus' - 7.2kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161634

Cannondale Systemsix ’Dante’ - 7.7kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=167144

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Just fitted mine with 30c Corsa Control’s and KNØT45’s for spring riding. 64’s will still have 25mm tires for racing when it resumes.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com