New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wingguy

by wingguy

xadubo33 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:23 am
the marks having only 365 days to market their new frame since the date of ratification UCI.
Not true.

The superslice was UCI approved in November 2016 and still won’t be out until the summer.

That said, I would expect the SystemSix to be late summer or autumn this year, not a long delay like the Superslice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

The regs require the commercial availability of a frame within a year of it first being used in competition - although in practical terms that reg is easy to get round and the UCI seems to have no desire to use it for commercial manufacturers anyhow.

ARTICLE 1.3.007
.......Any equipment in development phase and not yet available for sale (prototype)
must be subject of an authorization request to the UCI Equipment Unit before its use.
Authorization will be granted only for equipment which is in the final stage of
development and for which commercialization will take place no later than 12
months after the first use in competition. The manufacturer may request a single
prolongation of the prototype status if justified by relevant reasons........

dopesick187

by dopesick187

Personally I think the Evo will stay in the line up - different horses for different courses and all that. Synapse for the rough stuff such as Roubaix, evo for the big mountain days and system six for the flat/sprinters just like Specialized have with there 3 bike line up that quickstep and bora use, and Trek Segafredo with the same. Most team have access to at least 2 bikes for climbing and flats so it would make no sense to drop the evo imo.

jlok

by jlok

CarlosFerreiro wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:26 am
The regs require the commercial availability of a frame within a year of it first being used in competition - although in practical terms that reg is easy to get round and the UCI seems to have no desire to use it for commercial manufacturers anyhow.

ARTICLE 1.3.007
.......Any equipment in development phase and not yet available for sale (prototype)
must be subject of an authorization request to the UCI Equipment Unit before its use.
Authorization will be granted only for equipment which is in the final stage of
development and for which commercialization will take place no later than 12
months after the first use in competition. The manufacturer may request a single
prolongation of the prototype status if justified by relevant reasons........
where is the Conti Competition Pro Ltd...
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

UCI seem to be happy that if Conti sold one tyre to the CEO's grandmother one time, then that meets the "commercial" requirements....

wingguy

by wingguy

CarlosFerreiro wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:01 pm
UCI seem to be happy that if Conti sold one tyre to the CEO's grandmother one time, then that meets the "commercial" requirements....
Also seems quite often that just selling ex-team kit at the end of the season qualifies. Like the custom geo Sagan bikes, the Cervelo Mud fork, the T5GB etc...

JoSpr

by JoSpr

Cannondale heard my wish......[/url]
JoSpr wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:41 am

photo's?

jlok

by jlok

JoSpr you got any news or link?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Renne

by Renne

So it looks like McLay is testing the new frame out in competition in Abu Dhabi.
Disc brakes, all cables routed internally, skinny headtube, wide set forks, low seatstays,...
Maybe an integrated bar-stem system?
Let's hope we get to see some more pictures of this bike soon now that it's out there in the wild.
http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2018/0 ... 62_670.jpg

LD001

by LD001

'Best' picture I found:

Hoven

by Hoven

Swechamp riding it aswell!
Attachments
006DE3D7-E09E-4F11-9A42-845BBE4B41EF.jpeg
ECA84044-570C-4630-8588-D351FE7170C8.jpeg

bas

by bas

Venge Vias clone...

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

bas wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:05 am
Venge Vias clone...
Looks more like a race geometry Road Machine to me with the triangular feature at the seattube/toptube junction and presumable a hidden seatpost binder bolt. Also really thin seat stays.
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

REGICYCLE

by REGICYCLE

Looks similar to the new Merida Reacto here, especially with the triangle tt-seat tube brace
Attachments
Systemsix.png

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

REGICYCLE wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:24 am
Looks similar to the new Merida Reacto here, especially with the triangle tt-seat tube brace
Jip.....my thoughts also when I saw it first.
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"