New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gwilson

by gwilson

I changed to new bottle cages on my SystemSix a few days ago and noticed the seat tube cage is angled slightly out to the left. Even tried with different cages and different bolts but it is definitely happening, has anyone else experienced this/does anyone have any advice? I know its not huge, but on an aero bike, having a bottle sticking out to the side will create a lot of drag. I included a few photos although they're admittedly not the best.
IMG_2294.jpeg
IMG_2295 copy.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

flying

by flying

gwilson wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:37 pm
I changed to new bottle cages on my SystemSix a few days ago and noticed the seat tube cage is angled slightly out to the left. Even tried with different cages and different bolts but it is definitely happening, has anyone else experienced this/does anyone have any advice? I know its not huge, but on an aero bike, having a bottle sticking out to the side will create a lot of drag. I included a few photos although they're admittedly not the best.
I would think you could just elongate the bottle cage screw hole then use a small washer between screw & cage
Adjust till straight & tighten

Bryin

by Bryin

Ugly. exspensive and stupid.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

I m having this one build up with etap & Enve 5.6 and Enve aero bar and aero stem. I think it might just look alright. :) Image

Bryin wrote:Ugly. exspensive and stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

Stitchking

by Stitchking

alexneumuller wrote:I m having this one build up with etap & Enve 5.6 and Enve aero bar and aero stem. I think it might just look alright. :) Image

Yeah thats rad. fit those tyres too

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Should have noted that any other components seen in the picture are not mine and are not going on the frame. :)

Stitchking wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:I m having this one build up with etap & Enve 5.6 and Enve aero bar and aero stem. I think it might just look alright. :) Image

Yeah thats rad. fit those tyres too

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

alexneumuller wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:40 pm
Should have noted that any other components seen in the picture are not mine and are not going on the frame. :)

I like that color! :thumbup:

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Thank you, All the other colour options or fully build up frame options just look horrendous. And I already have a groupset and power meter and wheels to go on it. Made more sense buying frame only, and it was a tossup between the Venge and the system six. System six won.
Dan Gerous wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:

Strava
Instagram

cerro

by cerro

Dan Gerous wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:49 pm
alexneumuller wrote:

I love that color :) Purple is so 2019 :D

Kingston

by Kingston

I am in the middle of building up a SystemSix with the Knot SystemStem and Systebar, but figure out how to slam stem as low as possible. The included spacer set doesn’t seem have spacer smaller than 7,5mm.

Is it possible to lower the stem more than with a 7,5mm spacer?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Kingston wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:43 pm
I am in the middle of building up a SystemSix with the Knot SystemStem and Systebar, but figure out how to slam stem as low as possible. The included spacer set doesn’t seem have spacer smaller than 7,5mm.

Is it possible to lower the stem more than with a 7,5mm spacer?
You can use no spacers at all with the Knot SystemBar, the bottom portion of the stem matches the frame and it's front hose/wire port seamlessly.

Kingston

by Kingston

Thanks, I tried this briefly, but it seemed that the stem would touch the frame, but if it works for you, I’ll make it happen.

Thanks.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Kingston wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:49 pm
Thanks, I tried this briefly, but is seemed to that the would touch the frame, but if it works for you, I’ll make it happen.

Thanks.
It's not my bike and I don't have access to one right now... but it should work, I've seen a few setup without spacers.

Now, I'm not 100% sure but maybe, like all the other Cannondale road models, it requires an alloy plate/cover over the top headset bearing and it's compression ring, and that cover would fit underneath but be hidden by the stem to provide just the right clearance with the frame. All the other Cannondale headsets have a similar setup except that these plates/covers are hidden by the taller, optional conical spacer instead of being hidden by the Knot stem... If my assumption is correct, your headset should come with it and it looks something like this:

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Most bikes should come with small stainless headset shims. They are the same id as a steerer and a fraction of a millimetre thick. Try several of those to eliminate any clearance issues with stem and frame.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:14 pm
Now, I'm not 100% sure but maybe, like all the other Cannondale road models, it requires an alloy plate/cover over the top headset bearing and it's compression ring, and that cover would fit underneath but be hidden by the stem to provide just the right clearance with the frame. All the other Cannondale headsets have a similar setup except that these plates/covers are hidden by the taller, optional conical spacer instead of being hidden by the Knot stem... If my assumption is correct, your headset should come with it and it looks something like this:

No, that's not correct, it doesn't need a headset cap like that. What Stitchking said is right, it may need one or two wafer thin shims but that's it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com