New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

willmac

by willmac

Thanks for the feedback on the bike. I have to say I’m still interested despite it being a bit porky. One thing making me hold off is an apparent rebranding of Cannondale. Not sure if anyone has seen it on the website but i guess it will be rolled out across the range next season. No more Annondale

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Karvalo

by Karvalo

willmac wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:41 am
One thing making me hold off is an apparent rebranding of Cannondale. Not sure if anyone has seen it on the website but i guess it will be rolled out across the range next season. No more Annondale
That rebranding of the smaller logos doesn't apply to the downtube logos, they're going to stay more or less the same. Also the paintjobs for the SystemSix are the paintjobs for 2019. If the DT logo changes for the 2020 season it would be because they've specifically decided to redo that logo, not because of the overall rebrand.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

wheelbuilder wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:36 am
That is a lot of cable and hose showing. A Madone it isn't.
Not in the mechanical mode unfortunately. it's a demo bike that I've slammed the stem on so the cable could be quite a bit shorter, but they'd still be there. Running DI2 with the Knot stem and bar is clean, and running DI2 with a standard bar/stem combo would be almost as clean, which is nice.

I'd prefer the mechanical didn't have so much cable out, but I like not being forced to use one handlebar and stem system, and I like being able to run mechanical - which are both things that some other new aero bikes don't allow for.

willmac

by willmac

Only copying what has been in the media.

This will eventually be the way of the future across the entire portfolio, to replace the huge logos that currently fill the entire length of the downtubes on many of Cannondale's bikes.

Take it for what it’s worth?

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Ah ok. Now that you say that I may have misremembered what we were talking about when I was seeing those! The system six does have some of the new fonts and styles already though, so still not sure how much it might change in coming seasons?

gwilson

by gwilson

Got mine built up in the last few days and took it out for my first long ride this morning. Have to agree with what was written earlier about how well it corners and sprints. Feels amazing getting out of the saddle and putting power through the pedals. Felt a bit on the rigid side with the stock 23mm tires, but I was planning on switching over to 25s anyways. Cable integration might draw some away, but I didn’t find any negative effect on the performance. Definitely felt some performance benefit compared to my old road bike, especially at higher speeds. And before anyone asks, yes I’m going to cut down the steerer tube
Attachments
3F9FE0AE-FE05-43C5-96FE-FA71F463AD9C.jpeg
813DA718-9DDC-46D3-9E65-650953497921.jpeg

RivetRider

by RivetRider

Sorry to be negetive but I definitely prefer this year's Venge over the SystemSix. I think it looks better (I know, subjective) and it's a lot lighter! Also very pleased to see they've stopped trying to integrate stuff, so annoying for a wannabe DIY mechanics (I am assuming that's 90% of people on this forum)
have you tried riding your bike harder?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

The shifter cable routing is rather... Interesting.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

willmac

by willmac

Nefarious86 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:47 am

Yeah, it looks like crossing the cables in the downtube and allowing the cables to go under the stem and across the headtube would result in a more pleasing route

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

willmac wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:50 am
Nefarious86 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:47 am

Yeah, it looks like crossing the cables in the downtube and allowing the cables to go under the stem and across the headtube would result in a more pleasing route
Hi willmac, hi Nefarious86,

Indeed, the cable guides are designed to work well with both options. The cable path in the down tube is slightly different depending on whether the cables cross in the down tube or not. So you can set it up whichever way you like.

Cheers,
Damon
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

Knokkelhaug

by Knokkelhaug

Has anyone considered vision metron 5d on this bike?
Cannondale points out that it is not an aero bike but chooses to deliver it with a handlebar prepared for aerobar instead of a handlebar with cleaner cable routing and Garmin mount.

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

Hi Knokkelhaug,

Yes, the EF-Drapac p/b Cannondale pro team often uses the Vision metron 5D handlebar. It's a good match aerodynamically and cosmetically. Almost as good as the Knot system bar.

Cheers,
Damon
Damon Rinard

Knokkelhaug

by Knokkelhaug

Can you also confirm that Vision spacer kit/ bridge for 4s included Garmin mount?

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

Hi Knokkelhaug,

The accessory kit isn't included with the SystemSix, but it is available aftermarket. You can see it in the "Service Parts METRON 4D flat M.A.S. .pdf" linked from the bottom of Vision's 4D Flat web page:
https://shop.visiontechusa.com/en/type/ ... ron-4d-mas

I don't know for sure the mount is for Garmin computers, but the Vision 5D is - it's what the EF-Drapac p/b Cannondale team uses to hold thier Garmins. So it seems likely...?

Cheers,
Damon
Damon Rinard

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Knokkelhaug

by Knokkelhaug

Damon, thanks!

I ordered a SystemSix Ultegra today, hopefully delivered early September.
When I looked at the bike for the first time I got the WOW- feeling. It looks amazing!!! Just sold my SuperSix HiMod size 54 and will go for a SystemSix in 56. When I compared the geometry for SuperSix and SystemSix It looks logical to go up one size.

Any opinion on that?