Giro Empire ACC vs Shimano S-phyre RC 9 sizing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ODC

by ODC

Hello everyone currently riding with Giro Empire ACC shoes.
I am at size 45 but these are on the narrow side with my custom soles.
Saw a good promotion on the internet for the RC9 so is there someone that has them both and can compare them in sizing? Are the Shimano smaller, longer, narrower, wider etc.
What I have seen on the internet is that a lot of sites say that the RC9 in size 45 is 28,5cm but on the official table for Shimano it is more like 28.7cm? The giro in size 45 is 29cm.
Also looking at a 45 wide for the Shimano RC9 but someone knows how much wider these are?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

ODC wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:16 am
Saw a good promotion on the internet for the RC9 so is there someone that has them both and can compare them in sizing? Are the Shimano smaller, longer, narrower, wider etc.
What I have seen on the internet is that a lot of sites say that the RC9 in size 45 is 28,5cm but on the official table for Shimano it is more like 28.7cm? The giro in size 45 is 29cm.
Also looking at a 45 wide for the Shimano RC9 but someone knows how much wider these are?
I went from Giro Empire ACC 45 to S Phyre wide for the same reason, the Giro's were far too narrow.

I bought from an LBS, the S Phyre 45 E were a little too long, I went for 44 E and they seem fine.
The width is spot on, length is okay.

I'm not sure how much wider the RC9's are, just that they are a good fit.

I've tried to measure the width & they're about 11.5cm

I take 45 in all my other shoes & trainers.

Hope this helps
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

ODC

by ODC

Squashednuts wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:30 am
ODC wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:16 am
I went from Giro Empire ACC 45 to S Phyre wide for the same reason, the Giro's were far too narrow.

I bought from an LBS, the S Phyre 45 E were a little too long, I went for 44 E and they seem fine.
The width is spot on, length is okay.

I'm not sure how much wider the RC9's are, just that they are a good fit.

I've tried to measure the width & they're about 11.5cm

I take 45 in all my other shoes & trainers.

Hope this helps
Maybe they felt longer because they are wider?
A normal 45 without my soles would be to long but with my custom soles they are just fine.
Now with you're comment I doubting between 44 en 45wide :)