Does anyone here own a Canyon ULTIMATE CF SLX DISC 9.0 DI2 ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

supertemp

by supertemp

I have had this bike on order since November, and it has an ETA of March. However, Canyon keep changing the listed weight on the site.

https://www.canyon.com/en/road/ultimate ... 0-di2.html

When I ordered it, it was listed as 7.0kg. After I ordered it, it went to 7.8kg a few days later, so I contacted them and have an email from them which assures me the site was mistaken and the actual weight is 7.0kg, +/- a few grams, for a medium frame.

I checked again this week and it is listed now at 7.5kgs, with all the same components. I have tried contacting them again twice, to get clarification, but no response.

I knew when I ordered a Canyon to not expect much in terms of promised ETAs or customer service, so I'm rolling with it, but I would love to know the actual weight of this bike, delivered, in a Medium frame. With/without pedals, I don't expect you to take them off :D

I have a nice 2016 Defy that weighs in at 8.0kg, so if the Canyon is similar weight I'll be disappointed. The top end TCR comes with Duraace power meter and is sub 7kg, thinking to cancel the canyon and go that route if it is near 8.

Thanks!

cristianx

by cristianx

I've had one for about a month.
With the stock DT Swiss wheels it was about 7.2-3ish I think

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SeanD380

by SeanD380

I bought a 8.0 Ultegra Di2 recently. It was listed at 7.8 with the ridiculous magic wheels. With Speedplay pedals, garmin mount, bottle cages, it actually weights 7.5KG.

I'm sure yours will be pretty close to 7kg, with the lighter wheels and groupset.

TonyM

by TonyM

What is the ETA of the top end TCT with DA powermeter?

supertemp

by supertemp

cristianx wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:16 am
Thanks mate! How have you found it? Did you do anything to lighten it?

supertemp

by supertemp

TonyM wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:27 am
What is the ETA of the top end TCT with DA powermeter?
Unsure, I haven't enquired. I have been looking for other options, because, well I am finding the Canyon experience a little frustrating and my 4 month delay has given me plenty of time to window shop.

It's about 2k dearer than the Canyon here but when you consider I want to add a power meter to the Canyon, and sub 7kg it's looking like a reasonable alternate.

The availability of the DA powermeter though seems non existent, so unless there's a stock pile in our country's distributor warehouse, i imagine not soon.

cristianx

by cristianx

supertemp wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:27 pm
cristianx wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:16 am
Thanks mate! How have you found it? Did you do anything to lighten it?
Absolutely loving it!
Ive changed the wheelset to the Roval CLX50 Discs - amazing and way lighter than stock (1450ish grams)
Also running them tubeless with Schwalbe Pro Ones
I think with the wheel swap, adding cages pedals etc its 7.2kg

If you went with a lighter seatpost, bar/stem you could definitely get it below 7

Ivan

by Ivan

I have one since beginning of this year. Rides like a dream but I did change a few things:
- sold bar/stem combo and seatpost and went for Schmolke TLO with Giant Contact SL 100 mm stem
- swapped saddle for AX-lightness

I kept the stock DT Swiss 65mm wheels but I am going to get me some lighter/shallower ones. I went to the Mt Ventoux last weekend and 65 mm deep wheels are horrible on high speed descend :( on the flats they are good.

I don't know the weight now but I don't care either, it's light and it rides beautifully.
He ride a bike instead of a car I wanna be his friend
Golden Earring - Going to the run

supertemp

by supertemp

Ivan wrote:I have one since beginning of this year. Rides like a dream but I did change a few things:
- sold bar/stem combo and seatpost and went for Schmolke TLO with Giant Contact SL 100 mm stem
- swapped saddle for AX-lightness

I kept the stock DT Swiss 65mm wheels but I am going to get me some lighter/shallower ones. I went to the Mt Ventoux last weekend and 65 mm deep wheels are horrible on high speed descend :( on the flats they are good.

I don't know the weight now but I don't care either, it's light and it rides beautifully.
What made you replace the cockpit? I love the cockpit.
Completely agree on the wheels, they are beautiful in calm conditions but when the wind picks up over 20km/h I take my old bike. Currently waiting on some all weather wheels I ordered.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

calpartz

by calpartz

Any news about the "real" weight of the ULTIMATE CF SLX DISC 9.0 DI2? I wonder how it can be so much lighter than the ULTIMATE CF SLX DISC 9.0 SL (7,4 KG) with SRAM E-Tap which is knowed to be about 100-200 GR lighter than Di2.

Ivan

by Ivan

What made you replace the cockpit? I love the cockpit.
Few things:
- Weight: I went with a Schmolke TLO bar and Giant Contact SL stem -> total of 271 grams vs 400+ gram for the H36
- The Schmolke bar takes internal cable routing with a Di2 EW-RS910 junction box. There is only electronic cable going into the frame and that is heat shrinked to my rear brake cable -> cleaner setup.
- I did not like the shape of the H36 and it was not possible to change for a H11 (I asked Canyon) so I sold the whole thing and went for Schmolke
He ride a bike instead of a car I wanna be his friend
Golden Earring - Going to the run

supertemp

by supertemp

calpartz wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:00 am
Any news about the "real" weight of the ULTIMATE CF SLX DISC 9.0 DI2? I wonder how it can be so much lighter than the ULTIMATE CF SLX DISC 9.0 SL (7,4 KG) with SRAM E-Tap which is knowed to be about 100-200 GR lighter than Di2.
My bike, as ridden, is currently 7.33kg.

In addition to how it shipped, I added/changed:
  • Romin Pro saddle (160g) -35g, original Fizik Antares saddle was 195g
    2x CarbonWorks cages +12g
    DuraAce pedals +230g
    Stages LR DuraAce crankset +35g
    Garmin out front mount +35g
    Garmin speed sensor +14g
    Slammed and cut steerer post -25g
Pretty sure everything else is as shipped.

So, from the changes above, you can calculate the net difference to the shipped weight is +266g, meaning as pictured on the canyon site/shipped, the total weight was 7.064g.

That's the "real" weight.

Not sure if you are in the market for a bike, but I thoroughly recommend it :beerchug: I love the bike.

The 65mm wheels look dope, but are sketchy af in winds over 20km/h for me (72kg), so my Giant is still getting more use at the moment. It's mid-winter here and 20km winds are pretty standard for this time of year in NZ.

I'm waiting on some 32mm wheels that I ordered a while ago, which should (I hope) get it (just) under 7kg and will make it an all weather steed.

Here's my favourite pic of it
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjyagb5h3gg/

calpartz

by calpartz

supertemp wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:47 am
calpartz wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:00 am
My bike, as ridden, is currently 7.33kg.

In addition to how it shipped, I added/changed:
  • Romin Pro saddle (160g) -35g, original Fizik Antares saddle was 195g
    DuraAce pedals +230g
    Garmin speed sensor +14g
Pretty sure everything else is as shipped.

So, from the changes above, you can calculate the net difference to the shipped weight is +266g, meaning as pictured on the canyon site/shipped, the total weight was 7.064g.

That's the "real" weight.

Not sure if you are in the market for a bike, but I thoroughly recommend it :beerchug: I love the bike.

The 65mm wheels look dope, but are sketchy af in winds over 20km/h for me (72kg), so my Giant is still getting more use at the moment. It's mid-winter here and 20km winds are pretty standard for this time of year in NZ.

I'm waiting on some 32mm wheels that I ordered a while ago, which should (I hope) get it (just) under 7kg and will make it an all weather steed.

Here's my favourite pic of it
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjyagb5h3gg/
Thank you very much for this reply.

Actually, I was looking for the 8.0 version and I wonder if it is really 7.8KG because the wheels are just about 100gr. havier and between Ultegra and Dura Ace there are about 300gr. weight difference. So the 8.0 should be about 7.5KG. Also: How does feel 500/700gr. weight difference between the two bikes? Is this "that" much? What do you think about this?

calpartz

by calpartz

Sorry if I ask again but I would like to be sure that the weight of the ULTIMATE CF SLX DISC 9.0 DI2 is 7,0 KG and not 7,3 KG or 7,4 KG as I think and as the user cristianx also wrote.
Namely, the eTap version is 7,4 KG but eTap is lighter than Dura Ace, so the ULTIMATE CF SLX DISC 9.0 DI2 must be more than 7,0 KG. So please, could you check the weight of your bike again? This would help very much. Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

supertemp

by supertemp

Here's a pic from pre ride yesterday. This is with 230g pedals, 2 bottle cages, power meter, speed sensor and Garmin mount. I broke it down for you to the gram in the previous post. 🤙

Maybe you missed it because I messed up the formatting but here is the changes made to my bike since I bought it, with the weight changes.

Romin Pro saddle (160g) -35g, original Fizik Antares saddle was 195g
DuraAce pedals +230g
Garmin speed sensor +14g